3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

With Mr. Football going to CPA, it sounds like CPA has the dominate player to run behind. #60 wont even be the best lineman on the field.

CPA Mr. Football is a very good player and deserves the accolades, but that award is so subjective, there are many players that may be as good or better.No one knows for sure. I'm sure #60 is a great player if he is the best lineman for Alcoa. Remember, Vince Young won the Heisman and Manning didn't. Howell is "dinged up" and I don't even know if he will play. I'm sure if he can walk, they will have a hard time keeping him off the field, but he could reinjure himself on the first series. Actually #76 for CPA is a better run blocker than Howell, IMO.

CPA's running game is not built on power pounding - it is up tempo with lots of variety, schemes, and the threat of the pass, with a QB and coaches that read defenses well.

I wish all the kids well and especially that the seniors will enjoy this great experience, win or lose.

A different story will be written on the field.

With the exception of Maryville, this will be the toughest game for Alcoa and will be the toughest game of the year for CPA. Halftime adjustments will dictate the outcome and that bodes well for Alcoa. Alcoa and Coach Rankin add another feather in their cap.  Alcoa 28  -  CPA 17.

Hey RonMexico3 did you go look up Alcoa's record? Tell us more how Alcoa can not compete with the pretty boy privates. Come look it up and post the results for all to see. Do it...I dare ya!

Um, I had to go back 9 years till I found Alcoa scheduling a large private school. 9 years! Alcoa had a 3 point win over McCallie. Proves my point, Rankin is scared and will always be scared to play the big boys.

Um, I had to go back 9 years till I found Alcoa scheduling a large private school. 9 years! Alcoa had a 3 point win over McCallie. Proves my point, Rankin is scared and will always be scared to play the big boys.

Alcoa is "the big boys". You know not from which you speak!!