3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

I think 3a sorta like the Big10, were as the large private schools would be the SEC, 6a the Big12. Can Ohio St(Alcoa) win a one game thing verse Alabama(Maryville),yes every now and then. Can Ohio State(Alcoa) play in the SEC(large private schools) or Big12(6a) and consistently compete with their top teams...No. This year alone Maryville, West, Rhea, Fulton would be ranked above them just from east tenn. Alcoa is a dominant 3a program, would be a very very good 4a program, but much past that the number of championships would go down. They would still have maybe 3-4 rings, but not near as dominant as they are in 3a. That also should not take away anything they have accomplished at the level they are playing at.

Um, I had to go back 9 years till I found Alcoa scheduling a large private school. 9 years! Alcoa had a 3 point win over McCallie. Proves my point, Rankin is scared and will always be scared to play the big boys.

That was two straight wins against a BJ Coleman led McCallie. Those where very good McCallie teams. Did you see Alcoa wins against Brentwood Academy? Ha! What about Webb? Alcoa has NEVER lost a game to them. How many DII championships so have they won??? A bunch! Keep digging Mexico.....hehe.

Edited by BCsportsfan

Just ask Rankin to compare his best Riverdale team to best Alcoa team, and listen to his anwser. He will tell you what a diffrence there is.

Duh! Alcoa has 500 students and should be 2A. Alcoa only has to play in Their classification for gold! But, along the way ...The F5 has beat the a bunch of privates. I loved the goodpasture, CPA, DCA, Lipscomb, & CAK playoff and championship wins the best! It is so much fun beating privates....Yea!

Duh! Alcoa has 500 students and should be 2A. Alcoa only has to play in Their classification for gold! But, along the way ...The F5 has beat the a bunch of privates. I loved the goodpasture, CPA, DCA, Lipscomb, & CAK playoff and championship wins the best! It is so much fun beating privates....Yea!

I am right there with you, always pull for public over privates. But, CPA used to get beat yearly by Trousedale in the playoffs. That would not happen now. Alcoa has beat BA, and BA was once 1a. BA is a diffrent animal now like Ensworth. I think the whole this is watered down. We need 6 classes not 8. 4 for public, 2 for private. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I'd put the 2009 Alcoa team against any Riverdale team.

In 2005 Alcoa beat McCallie. Just weeks before that game McCallie beat Riverdale.

His best Riverdale teams were 1994 and 2001. We can play 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon all day. 2014 Alcoa beats Knx Cath by 7, and Fulton beats them by 42? D2 and 6a are way way stronger than 3a. Can a 3a once ever 10 years beat the 6a champion in 1 game, yes! Can any 3a team play 15 games in 6a year in and out and win at the same rate as in 3a, heck no. Its a no brainer. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

His best Riverdale teams were 1994 and 2001. We can play 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon all day. 2014 Alcoa beats Knx Cath by 7, and Fulton beats them by 42? D2 and 6a are way way stronger than 3a. Can a 3a once ever 10 years beat the 6a champion in 1 game, yes! Can any 3a team play 15 games in 6a year in and out and win at the same rate as in 3a, heck no. Its a no brainer.

Alcoa's scores against Maryville in the last 5 years are as good or better than better teams they have played in 6A.

His best Riverdale teams were 1994 and 2001. We can play 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon all day. 2014 Alcoa beats Knx Cath by 7, and Fulton beats them by 42? D2 and 6a are way way stronger than 3a. Can a 3a once ever 10 years beat the 6a champion in 1 game, yes! Can any 3a team play 15 games in 6a year in and out and win at the same rate as in 3a, heck no. Its a no brainer.

Last season Alcoa beat Catholic 49-7 and Fulton squeaked out a 4 qtr win. So, what's your point???

Why not have Alcoa schedule Alabama, Oregon, TCU and Florida State? Get real! Alcoa is Alcoa! The Tornadoes are held to a higher standard than most teams in the state (other than Maryville), and I'm fine with that. Haters gonna hate. However, this stuff is just silly! 😂

2010 Alcoa Team finished ranked 35th in the Nation. That may be the best team ever I don't know. This team is not nationally ranked and is not the best team Alcoa has ever had. It will prove Friday to be the best in 3A again. Thats our goal.

Those that loose to us always need someone else to beat us. Thats your goal.