Ease up on the refs

Indian

Those guys have always been sensitive. I remember Coach Brooks getting a technical up at Sale Creek for shouting at one of the Pirates across the floor. A ref gave him a technical. Coach asked him what he did and the ref gave him a second technical. Coach then called him a chicken poop son of a belligerent female cur. The ref didn't know what that meant, but he through Coach out of the game.

I remember that happening. I believe that was in the late 70's or early 80's.

Didn't even notice it was gone.I'll have to get me another one.

Pujo, you need to get yourself another 8 ball avatar -- I can hardly recognize you anymore.

And congrats on finishing first place overall in the ( regular plus playoff season ) CoachT Big Ones contest.  :thumb: 

Maybe that CoachT man can send you this jacket for being the 8 ball football guru

giphy.gif

Pujo, you need to get yourself another 8 ball avatar -- I can hardly recognize you anymore.

And congrats on finishing first place overall in the ( regular plus playoff season ) CoachT Big Ones contest.  :thumb: 

Maybe that CoachT man can send you this jacket for being the 8 ball football guru

giphy.gif

Not I'd look sharp in that Southtower. I'll have to get my avatar back up/

Admittedly, I don't see as many 1A and 2A games as I should.  Mainly because the larger schools are an easier drive for me, and I don't like driving a lot in the dark and in traffic.  Although I did watch all the state championships this year including the 1A and 2A games.  I did see the 1A and 2A state games and can't recall anything crazy or big mess ups in those games.  (I missed the privates on Thursday)  Are you guys saying a couple 5As or 6As will get better zebras than a 1A or 2A matchup?  Why is that?  I'm attempting to wrap my pea-brain around this.  pujo, I'm in your area for Friday night games.  I'm curious to what you think.  pujo, do you think better refs are sent to the DB versus Science Hill or Greeneville vs South games, rather than Cloudland, Hampton, etc? Do you think the 1A or 2A state zebras are lower on the totem pole than the 5A or 6A?

Admittedly, I don't see as many 1A and 2A games as I should.  Mainly because the larger schools are an easier drive for me, and I don't like driving a lot in the dark and in traffic.  Although I did watch all the state championships this year including the 1A and 2A games.  I did see the 1A and 2A state games and can't recall anything crazy or big mess ups in those games.  (I missed the privates on Thursday)  Are you guys saying a couple 5As or 6As will get better zebras than a 1A or 2A matchup?  Why is that?  I'm attempting to wrap my pea-brain around this.  pujo, I'm in your area for Friday night games.  I'm curious to what you think.  pujo, do you think better refs are sent to the DB versus Science Hill or Greeneville vs South games, rather than Cloudland, Hampton, etc? Do you think the 1A or 2A state zebras are lower on the totem pole than the 5A or 6A?

Night to night thing pudding, you get refs that  try to call everything and some that just let um play. IMO this year was better than usual. I do think in most cases,refs do the best they can. 

Just watch the NFL, you see bad calls and no calls in every game. They even get calls wrong with instant replay. Some officals need to know the rules better ,but as far as judgement calls, they are human and make human errors.