TCA 2015

Intense

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you one thing, your TCA alum friend doesn't have near the knowledge of the team that I do. I'm around the team everyday. I saw every 7 on 7 game this Summer with the exception of the Martin event. I doubt your friend has seen our new QB as much as I have. He is a better athlete than Avilles most recent QB and has a stronger arm. No, he's not Kyle Akin but none of your RB's are Zak Neary either. The question is going to be whether he can manage the game or not. Your most recent QB did an excellent job managing the game despite his athletic limitations. I doubt your friend has knowledge of our other receivers. It's very obvious he doesn't have knowledge about our line. Does he even know who Chris Tucker is? He will be the most athletic lineman in the district. Oh, we definitely have some glaring weaknesses but they are not what you mentioned previously. You mentioned that East has quite a few 4.7's running around after I mentioned a few of ours. I don't doubt that at all. What you don't have is two that are under 4.6 and as athletic as our top two. Your top RB may be 4.6 but he's not the athlete of the aforementioned. Yes, East will have much, much more depth than TCA and they should with 2.5 times the students. If we get hit by injuries we are toast. If East gets hit by injuries you have plenty of depth to press on. By the way, your 5 BB starters last year were from Bethel, Pickwick Southside, Selmer, Michie(2). Doesn't look like that's 95% Michie and Adamsville. Also, I assure you we aren't overlooking McKenzie. They could beat either of us if we aren't careful. I predict when East meets TCA both teams will be 1-1. Tell your friend to look me up and I will give him a thorough education of his former school.

Obviously I touched a nerve and that was not the intent.  Clearly, you know TCA better than most because your son plays for them and you have a vested interest.  The person I know at TCA had a son that played a couple of years ago and is a huge booster for your sports programs.  He knows TCA really well and I will leave it at that.  Akin, Neary, and the QB you mentioned were all exceptional assets to the two programs, but they are gone.  Let's deal with the current rosters at both schools.  There is no doubt that you guys have some exceptional athletes on your squad.  However, we have some athletes who can match up with any of your athletes.  I never questioned the athleticism of your line.  I just said that ours is better from top to bottom.  I think you have the better RB.  We have two really good athletes battling for the starting QB position.  Both guys can run and throw which gives us a more dynamic offense that the past three years.  We should be able to put up some big numbers on the offensive side of the ball.  We have at least 8 skilled position players that will contribute.  Obviously we are blessed to have quite a bit of depth at every position.  Now, to the basketball jab.  Two of our starters were from Michie, as you well know.  You were correct that we had some players from Selmer, Bethel, and Pickwick.  Hardin Co. and Selmer High didn't want those players and cut them from their squads.  They wanted to play and came to the only real high school in the county.  If you look at the rest of the team with the exception of the aforementioned players 95% of our squad are Aville guys.  Finally, if you look at our 70 plus players on the football team, Aville players make up 95% of the team.  Those are the numbers plain and simple.  Surely, someone from a prestigious private school like yourself can do that math.

Obviously I touched a nerve and that was not the intent. Clearly, you know TCA better than most because your son plays for them and you have a vested interest. The person I know at TCA had a son that played a couple of years ago and is a huge booster for your sports programs. He knows TCA really well and I will leave it at that. Akin, Neary, and the QB you mentioned were all exceptional assets to the two programs, but they are gone. Let's deal with the current rosters at both schools. There is no doubt that you guys have some exceptional athletes on your squad. However, we have some athletes who can match up with any of your athletes. I never questioned the athleticism of your line. I just said that ours is better from top to bottom. I think you have the better RB. We have two really good athletes battling for the starting QB position. Both guys can run and throw which gives us a more dynamic offense that the past three years. We should be able to put up some big numbers on the offensive side of the ball. We have at least 8 skilled position players that will contribute. Obviously we are blessed to have quite a bit of depth at every position. Now, to the basketball jab. Two of our starters were from Michie, as you well know. You were correct that we had some players from Selmer, Bethel, and Pickwick. Hardin Co. and Selmer High didn't want those players and cut them from their squads. They wanted to play and came to the only real high school in the county. If you look at the rest of the team with the exception of the aforementioned players 95% of our squad are Aville guys. Finally, if you look at our 70 plus players on the football team, Aville players make up 95% of the team. Those are the numbers plain and simple. Surely, someone from a prestigious private school like yourself can do that math.

As I have stated earlier you do have very good knowledge about our program and your posts are very objective and you are not editorial in your comments. I think I know who you are taking about and I acknowledge he is a great guy and his son was an outstanding player. The issue is that he is not as close to the program as he once was. We have a soph transfer from Liberty that is going to be a starter for us on defense. He's never seen him before. Is he an All State player? No way. We hope he is at least an average player. His Jr and Sr year will be his years to shine. Our mutual friend hasn't really seen our QB. As I stated earlier he is no Kyle Akin but he is solid as a runner and passer. The big question is how is he going to manage the game. If he manages the game anywhere close to Paul from Aville I will be very, very happy. Just manage the game and get the ball to your playmakers. Is Avilles line going to be better than TCA's? Absolutely! They have 3 three year starters who are monsters. I would like to remind you that we had a 160 lb center the last two years and he held his own against those monsters. Did he whip them? Absolutely not. He did what he had to do to keep them from killing Kyle. We will have quite a few linemen like that this year but they will be in the 210-220 range. Not huge but adequate. Should Aville win the game on paper? Absolutely but in 2A football one awesome RB can make the difference.......aka Zak Neary. Regarding the BB jab.....no way Dilworth was cut by Forsythe. Whitley wasn't cut either and I guarantee Hardin Co didn't cut Cotner. All of those would make any roster for any school and Dilworth would be a star player at most any school.

Well I have sat back and watched and listened. Intense and Redrage you both are very passionate about your teams. I love my team also. Which is TCA!!!! both programs have put quality teams on the field lately. This year will be no exception. TCA yes at this point is unproven, but that is a good thing. Boys this young just want to go out and play for their school and prove themselves. These young men have been working harder then any team in the past at TCA and I have had kids at TCA for the last 13 years. That means I was even here when we were state runner up in 2010. So with that being said with the public perception that we are undersized and not deep does not bother me or the kids. This 2015 squad is the hardest working, determined and mentally tough squad TCA has ever had. Every year TCA players here how small they are so this year is no different, except that this group is willing to fight. So count us out and that is when the LITTLE guy gets a knock out. Good luck and we will see y'all soon. And as for the other two that want to bring up old news. Sad that you want to take it from good sports talk to junk like personal attacks on kids. It goes on at every school. The only difference is that our school addressed it and took care of it LAST YEAR.  

Well I have sat back and watched and listened. Intense and Redrage you both are very passionate about your teams. I love my team also. Which is TCA!!!! both programs have put quality teams on the field lately. This year will be no exception. TCA yes at this point is unproven, but that is a good thing. Boys this young just want to go out and play for their school and prove themselves. These young men have been working harder then any team in the past at TCA and I have had kids at TCA for the last 13 years. That means I was even here when we were state runner up in 2010. So with that being said with the public perception that we are undersized and not deep does not bother me or the kids. This 2015 squad is the hardest working, determined and mentally tough squad TCA has ever had. Every year TCA players here how small they are so this year is no different, except that this group is willing to fight. So count us out and that is when the LITTLE guy gets a knock out. Good luck and we will see y'all soon. And as for the other two that want to bring up old news. Sad that you want to take it from good sports talk to junk like personal attacks on kids. It goes on at every school. The only difference is that our school addressed it and took care of it LAST YEAR.  

If the Girly book thing is the worst thing thats happen at you're school,you're in pretty good shape.  Also sounds as if  you have quite the determined bunch, good luck.

Some people may look at the class that left last year and think you will be not so good this year! Most of us including me know different though! I can promise you no matter what people in the stands think our coaches know TCA will bring it and will prepare that way! As long as the coaches know that I'm not worried about fans overlooking someone! Those of us that follow high school football closely know when you take a team for granted you get bit!!

Some people may look at the class that left last year and think you will be not so good this year! Most of us including me know different though! I can promise you no matter what people in the stands think our coaches know TCA will bring it and will prepare that way! As long as the coaches know that I'm not worried about fans overlooking someone! Those of us that follow high school football closely know when you take a team for granted you get bit!!

Good coaches never overlook anyone, the kids can be a different story. I highly doubt that happens in this case. It would take a nut to overlook TCA.