Al Miller - Cleveland Duals

rlwest40

From what I understand there is also a significant waiting list for the Al Miller Cleveland Duals. Even if a team wanted in I'm not sure that it could be done immediately because of prior commitments.

That's good to hear. It just irks me when people discredit a tournament which you being a Cleveland guy knows how that tournament has grown. I wrestled in that tournament a long time ago and it was really all East Tennessee and southwest Virginia and Cleveland. Apparently the two WV schools are really good. And of course Grundy, cave springs, Bremen, Wilson Central, PF, and heritage that are all quality. Then you have a Pennsylvania school who I know nothing about but they should be pretty good.

Thomas Bullard pinned Sutherland (in the 1st) last year at this tournament.

Adcock wrestled Sam Bullard (the on wrestling 152) earlier this season and won.

Yes Bullard pinned Sutherland. Sutherland got in on a deep shot and Bullard scrambled out. They got into a weird scramble and Bullard ended up with a reverse/cradle/ Peterson type postion. Very quick pin call but that's the way it goes sometimes. The year before in the McCallie Invite Bullard won 7-4. Sutherland had what looked like 2 for sure takedowns but Bullard scrambled out, Sutherland got a cradle and had him on his back for the better part of a period but couldn't get the pin. The Bullards are very tough, there is a reason they have won the freshman, sophomore nationals along with winning and placing at the super32. They are doing it in the middle weights as underclassman is what is even more impressive. Its not like they are wrestling one of the first few weights and beating freshmen. The kids can flat out wrestle. The very best kids we have in Tn haven't came close to winning the super32 and most don't even place, especially in the lighter to middle weights. The smaller Bullard that wrestled Adcock isn't on the same level as the bigger two brothers although he is also very good.  

That's good to hear. It just irks me when people discredit a tournament which you being a Cleveland guy knows how that tournament has grown. I wrestled in that tournament a long time ago and it was really all East Tennessee and southwest Virginia and Cleveland. Apparently the two WV schools are really good. And of course Grundy, cave springs, Bremen, Wilson Central, PF, and heritage that are all quality. Then you have a Pennsylvania school who I know nothing about but they should be pretty good.

I hope you didn't think I was discrediting the tourney. Not at all. I was wondering who the other tough teams were as I'm not familiar with them. I was aware Cleveland would only have so many teams come in. What I'd really like to see is someone bring in some more northern schools I see that tourney has a PA. Team in it. I'd like to see Illinois and New Jersey schools make the trip down.

I hope you didn't think I was discrediting the tourney. Not at all. I was wondering who the other tough teams were as I'm not familiar with them. I was aware Cleveland would only have so many teams come in. What I'd really like to see is someone bring in some more northern schools I see that tourney has a PA. Team in it. I'd like to see Illinois and New Jersey schools make the trip down.

I understand, but when someone else says it is only average tournament then it bothers me. It is like people do not call other tournaments average. You also have to remember the ironman is the same weekend so getting teams that have money to come down are harder. Apparently one of the WV teams beat in a dual earlier this year a runner-up or champion in big school WV. Cave Springs apparently beat Christiansburg in the regionals. The two WV teams are in the same region. I can not wait for the brackets to come out to see how they turn out. I also think Chat Central was a nice addition. They may not be like they were but they have some good wrestlers that should compete. Grundy is probably good like always. I do not know a lot about the teams, but the rankings on coacht from different states should help you out.

Edited by Ijustdontunderstand

It is my understanding that Archer is going to wrestle Cleveland & Father Ryan on Friday evening but will not wrestle in the tournament due to their football team playing for the state championship on Saturday.

If that is the case then hopefully they reconfigure the pools so that Pool C isn't stuck with just two teams in while others have 4.