Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

I'm glad we're going to Alabama but I surely wish Olive Branch or S. Panola or Southaven would step up to the plate and sign that Home/Home... We have to roll 2 and a half hours away on HWY 72 for a good game. About to ride clean through Mississippi. 

If i'm not on record as to as to stating that I like the travel game then let me make it official. I absolutely LOVE them. Quite frankly, I think that Administration, Coach Sualsberry and staff have come up with two ingenious things for the program. The Whitehaven Classic and the annual travel game.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Mitchell for Week 0 and Cordova Week 10. Got their entire schedule on my website since I'm going statewide this year

Thanks for the update. I love the coaching change page. I didn't realize that there were so many HC changes. I counted 64 new Head Coaches. Some are HCs that are just re-locating to new schools, but I didn't realize it is that many. The only school still looking for a HC out of all 64 is Fairley. This will be the first time in a LONG time where Fairley is not on the Whitehaven schedule. That may have something to do with it.

Edited by kwc

Updated from Mid-Tenn's website. (Go check it out)

Mitchell ............................ Fri., Aug 21

@ Florence, ALA ............. Sat., Aug. 28

Arlington .......................... Fri., Sept. 4

Ridgeway ........................ Fri., Sept. 11

@ Germantown ............... Fri., Sept. 18

@ Houston ...................... Fri., Sept. 25

Whitestation .................... Fri., Oct. 02

@ Bartlett ........................ Fri., Oct. 09

@ Collierville ................... Fri., Oct. 23

@ Cordova ...................... Fri., Oct 30

I see we are the road warriors this season with only 4 home games (Why am I not shocked at this!). That's ok because I don't mind going to watch us play at Germantown, Houston, Bartlett, Collierville, nor Cordova. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever watched a game in Cordova's stadium. Oh well, there is always a first.

Edited by kwc

I see we are the road warriors this season with only 4 home games (Why am I not shocked at this!). That's ok because I don't mind going to watch us play at Germantown, Houston, Bartlett, Collierville, nor Cordova. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever watched a game in Cordova's stadium. Oh well, there is always a first.

Whitehaven will have to be Kings of 385 and Germantown Pkwy I see. 

5 of your last 6 games are away and ALL out of the City limits... Oh Joy (sarcasm off)

Whitehaven will have to be Kings of 385 and Germantown Pkwy I see. 

5 of your last 6 games are away and ALL out of the City limits... Oh Joy (sarcasm off)

The only Region 4-6A opponent that resides in the City is Whitestation LOL!

Something to consider. The region is chock full of new HCs. There are two new head coaches in R4-6A. Arlington and Germantown. Collierville's HC is in his 4th season. Whitestation, Houston, Cordova, and Bartlett's HCs are all in their 3rd season, even though Cordova's HC was the HC at Westwood for about 2 seasons before that. Bartlett's HC has some experience at being a HC as well. Coach Saulsberry is in his 12th season with most of his original staff. Coach Saulsberry and the staff had been coaching at the Haven for some years even before Coach Saulsberry took over as the HC. THAT is a definate advantage to have. I'll take that over being road warriors. I'm kinda looking forward to it as a matter of fact. 

Edited by kwc

What's up fellas I haven't been on in a while but first let me say congrats to Whitehaven girls track team for winning the state title. ..I had to be there to witness what we all felt would happen. . They dominated. ..proud of coach sharif and the girls...I couldn't stay for the whole game against Trezvant but we mostly just ran the ball... coach D only put in a couple pass plays because of our new QB, so we didn pass much....but Trezvant didn kick our butt as they normally do so that's a plus for us...getting our QB up to speed is the only issue. ..

The only Region 4-6A opponent that resides in the City is Whitestation LOL!

Something to consider. The region is chock full of new HCs. There are two new head coaches in R4-6A. Arlington and Germantown. Collierville's HC is in his 4th season. Whitestation, Houston, Cordova, and Bartlett's HCs are all in their 3rd season, even though Cordova's HC was the HC at Westwood for about 2 seasons before that. Bartlett's HC has some experience at being a HC as well. Coach Saulsberry is in his 12th season with most of his original staff. Coach Saulsberry and the staff had been coaching at the Haven for some years even before Coach Saulsberry took over as the HC. THAT is a definate advantage to have. I'll take that over being road warriors. I'm kinda looking forward to it as a matter of fact. 

You know what ill take over all of that? Having the best talent and the best HC in the region. Usually that equals a good season............

Updated from M A XPrep's website. (All games played at 7:00 PM unless noted otherwise)

Mitchell ............................ Sat., Aug 22, at 8:00 PM

@ Florence, ALA ............. Fri., Aug. 28

That's the Whitehaven Classic I do believe.

Edited by kwc

What's up fellas I haven't been on in a while but first let me say congrats to Whitehaven girls track team for winning the state title. ..I had to be there to witness what we all felt would happen. . They dominated. ..proud of coach sharif and the girls...I couldn't stay for the whole game against Trezvant but we mostly just ran the ball... coach D only put in a couple pass plays because of our new QB, so we didn pass much....but Trezvant didn kick our butt as they normally do so that's a plus for us...getting our QB up to speed is the only issue. ..

What's up coach10ac. It's good to hear from you. I knew that the Whitehaven Girls Track Team was pretty good, but I wasn't aware that we won state. Coach Sharif did one heck of a coaching job. Kudos to him and to all of those hard working young ladies.

I agee with the getting to QB up to speed part, but from what I've been able to piece together from HUDL videos he's a quality QB. Nice size on him at 6'-3" and 210 lbs. Nice arm strength as well. He's got a veteran OL in front of him and some pretty good RB's and a nasty 'D' to go along with that. He doesn't have to 'win' any games for us ... just be a game manager and let the game come to him. I know Coach D will have him prepared.

I like the fact that we 'spar' with Trezevant every spring because Coach Teli WHite is always going to bring some hard hitting sons-of-guns, that's for sure. Not to mention his RB is being recruited by the SEC ... that speaks volumes. The little bit I did see showed that they (Trezevant) has some studs on the field. especially at the LB position. Trezevant is in 2A this year ... barring a rash of injuries, they will be a contender for a title.

I believe you guys will go 10-0 looking at that schedule. Depending in how good Florence is maybe 9-1. I heard they are pretty good but I don't think they can take you guys. I predict you will be right back in the semis looking for redemption.

BPM:

That's a mighty tall order to go undefeated in the regular season. I know the team has a high standard and the pressure is on from that standpoint, but ... there are a lot of good teams on that schedule ... and the first one that comes up to bat is Mitchell. I know Whitehaven is the expected favorite ... and I'm not going to get on here and try to do a 'Lou Hotlz' on you and try to poor mouth the team. That would be insincere, at the least. But, last year we beat Mitchell by a score of 27-12, or something like that, and it was a game the whole way through. Add to that, we hit the road the 2nd game of the season and face a very good Florence, Alabama team that played in the Alabama 6A semi-finals last year.

Redemption shouldn't even be a part of these guys vocabulary. This is a new season. Last year was a missed opportunity. The goal should be to win the last game of the season, regardless of what happened last year ... however, don't forget the dissappointment from last year's season ... let that fuel you when the wind sprints seem to be getting difficult to run.

Edited by kwc