MARYVILLE 2015

PassiveAggressive

It should have never happened. There should be consequences. The problem is that fighting could escalate into violence that ends in a horrific tragedy. Because that is unfortunately what we hear about on the the news and we should not sit back and overlook this thinking it could never happen here in little ole Blount County.

Just out of curiosity, what consequences for both schools do you think would be appropriate?

Just out of curiosity, what consequences for both schools do you think would be appropriate?

I think the refs should not be allowed to officiate another game. They had no control from the beginning. There should be game suspensions for players. Make a statement that this will not become accepted behavior. And the student that came on to the court should be suspended from school sporting events.

No,

Not at all. I'm just saying sometimes boys will be boys and it's not a surprise to me when I hear about stuff like this. Sometimes boys fight, i'm not sure why people are acting like it's a new concept.

agreed .. never seem so much publicity over a cut lip .. wow my neighborhood .. either I or the kid next door ended up with cut lip every other day ..I realize it was tssaa sanctioned sport but my goodness .. TV news , papers over a cut lip ... give me a break .. if ya want to punish let them run the bleachers before classes in the morning or something .. like they did when I played .. run steep hills by the stadium ... amazes me the publicity that small issues get !!! 2 boys fight and 1 gets 3 stitches .. LOL  

I wonder if they had 8 minute quarters too

Yes there should of been 8 minute quarters in basketball not in football though. Can't believe a grown adult would enter onto the court in a high school basketball game and not have been arrested and carted off to jail. The next joke to come out of this is how everyone will bend over backward to help the T$$AA in their investigation when the truth to the matter is the only thing they care about is a big juicy fine and I'm sure their foaming at the mouth right now over it.

Gotta be some player suspensions. The student who got in the middle of it should be banned from the games. The dad out on the court pushing on the cop should not be allowed back. Coaches/schools should pay fines. Schools should split cost of extra security at the remainder of their home games this year and next. Players on both teams should run until they never forget that if they want to fight they should quit basketball and join the golden gloves. If it comes close to happening again, take up a kids uniform and send him home.

I've been to a lot of games and never seen anything like what happened with fans involved. It should NEVER be accepted.

SCOREBOARD!

Gotta be some player suspensions. The student who got in the middle of it should be banned from the games. The dad out on the court pushing on the cop should not be allowed back. Coaches/schools should pay fines. Schools should split cost of extra security at the remainder of their home games this year and next. Players on both teams should run until they never forget that if they want to fight they should quit basketball and join the golden gloves. If it comes close to happening again, take up a kids uniform and send him home.

I've been to a lot of games and never seen anything like what happened with fans involved. It should NEVER be accepted.

SCOREBOARD!

I've never seen anything like that either.