West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

West 2015 schedule

Aug 20  @ Hardin Valley (Rivalry Thursday)

Aug 28  Sevier County

Sept 4   @ Halls*

Sept 11 Carter

Sept 18 Powell*

Sept 25 OPEN

Oct 2    @ South Doyle*

Oct 9    @ Farragut

Oct 16   Heritage*

Oct 23   Fulton

Oct 30  @ Gibbs*

Not sure about the Fulton week but the rest is correct

phixed

Fulton is not alot deeper than West that's ridiculous. Maybe slightly. And West was better than Fulton every year back when they played Fulton 4 straight years and went 3-1 so I'm not sure what you mean about having better teams but still losing. You might have an argument in 2012 when West won by a point. I still maintain West would have won the past two years although they would have been great games. And the reality is both of these teams are going to take a step back this year, but should still be really good. Fulton is going to have a rough start to their year after getting it handed to them by Maryville (I said it) so it will be interesting to see how they respond because they're not use to that. 

All of that said, it should be a good game this year.

So who is going to be the next head coach at West High School?? Anyone have a timeline on the decision or who has even applied?

According to the Knox County website the posting end date (last day to apply) is January 22, which is a week from today.  

Not a lot out there on who the applicants are at this point.  I've talked to a few coaches and have been told off the record that a couple of them either have or will apply, but no real news yet.  Should be a lot more info available after the post closing date.  

As I said before, the job will attract some good candidates, but no Knox County Schools job is going to attract a "coaching superstar" because of the pay scale and the red tape issues a head football coach has to deal with in this county.  

According to the Knox County website the posting end date (last day to apply) is January 22, which is a week from today.  

Not a lot out there on who the applicants are at this point.  I've talked to a few coaches and have been told off the record that a couple of them either have or will apply, but no real news yet.  Should be a lot more info available after the post closing date.  

As I said before, the job will attract some good candidates, but no Knox County Schools job is going to attract a "coaching superstar" because of the pay scale and the red tape issues a head football coach has to deal with in this county.  

With all that said, do you think that DC Kevin Lane has any chance at getting the job?

With all that said, do you think that DC Kevin Lane has any chance at getting the job?

Don't really know at this point.  It's my understanding that he is working on his teaching certification and I am not sure how far along that process is.  I don't know him well, only by reputation and what others who do know him have told me.   Knox County's hiring history is that football coaches have to be certified teachers, so I just don't know what might happen there.  

I do know from watching his defenses and from talking with other coaches that he has a ton of potential and is very well respected both personally and as a football coach.  Also in talking with a couple of parents who have sons in the West program I get the feeling that he would be a very popular choice to replace Scott Cummings.  

By the way, Cummings will be my guest this week for an hour on AM 760 Saturday morning at 10.  

Don't really know at this point. It's my understanding that he is working on his teaching certification and I am not sure how far along that process is. I don't know him well, only by reputation and what others who do know him have told me. Knox County's hiring history is that football coaches have to be certified teachers, so I just don't know what might happen there.

I do know from watching his defenses and from talking with other coaches that he has a ton of potential and is very well respected both personally and as a football coach. Also in talking with a couple of parents who have sons in the West program I get the feeling that he would be a very popular choice to replace Scott Cummings.

By the way, Cummings will be my guest this week for an hour on AM 760 Saturday morning at 10.

HTV what area do u cover? 760am? Can we listen to that here in Cleveland?