Heritage Mountaineers Football 2015

Governm

Will 2015 be the year Heritage takes a big leap forward and wins some more games? Will they be able to compete in the new district they will be in? I know that expectations have been high since Hammontree arrived at Heritage and he has worked extremely hard to turn the program into a winner. Will his hardwork start paying off this year?

I think they will win four games but have a good chance to win six if they work hard enough. They will be two or three years away from playing the level of ball their coach is used to. You have to remember this program hit the bottom and laid there for many years while they brought one coach in after another that couldn't break up the good old buddies club that metaled into everything from A to Z and on top of that had a woman A.D. that helped guide the Titanic right into the iceberg but no one survived that crash, not even Rose. You had one coach that went on a vacation trip with his family during an open week and let his assistants run the show while he was gone. You also had another that was a faithful coach that was one of it's great alumni that couldn't deal with the nonsense and went elsewhere to coach. With what all those people have been put through over the years four wins would feel like they had just won the Super Bowl. 

I think they will win four games but have a good chance to win six if they work hard enough. They will be two or three years away from playing the level of ball their coach is used to. You have to remember this program hit the bottom and laid there for many years while they brought one coach in after another that couldn't break up the good old buddies club that metaled into everything from A to Z and on top of that had a woman A.D. that helped guide the Titanic right into the iceberg but no one survived that crash, not even Rose. You had one coach that went on a vacation trip with his family during an open week and let his assistants run the show while he was gone. You also had another that was a faithful coach that was one of it's great alumni that couldn't deal with the nonsense and went elsewhere to coach. With what all those people have been put through over the years four wins would feel like they had just won the Super Bowl.

They won 4 games in 2009.

They won 4 games in 2009.

What's that got to do with the cost of brown eggs in China. They were all losing teams except Catholic which went 6-6 that season. Karns, Lenior City and South Doyle who went 0-10 that year. The first year T.H. was at Heritage and he gathered all the players and parents together and told them how it was going to be run and the old way didn't exist anymore and half of them left. He cut the cancer off to the bone and maybe it hurt him at first but the thing is mending and they will be better for it in the end.

Edited by BarneySox2007

What's that got to do with the cost of brown eggs in China. They were all losing teams except Catholic which went 6-6 that season. Karns, Lenior City and South Doyle who went 0-10 that year. The first year T.H. was at Heritage and he gathered all the players and parents together and told them how it was going to be run and the old way didn't exist anymore and half of them left. He cut the cancer off to the bone and maybe it hurt him at first but the thing is mending and they will be better for it in the end.

I was just saying they did win 4 games that year. In all reality that was a great season for them. The district was stacked from top to bottom that year, so for a school like Heritage to win 4 games with that schedule was huge. They almost beat my Govs too, we were extremely lucky to win that game. They were about to go up 14-0 and Hunter Saunders, who was a sophomore at the time,picked off a pass and ran it all the way back for a TD to tie it up 7-7 and the momentum swung our way for the rest of the game, the final score ended up being 16-7.

Won 4 games in 2005 with some great kids and a rough schedule.  Didn't feel like the Super Bowl, but it was a good step.

The woman AD referred to was not only a fine AD who worked and supported everything and everyone, but also one of the best human beings around. 

That said, hope Coach Hammontree does well and turns the corner soon.  Heritage will always be my favorite of the Blount County teams. 

Won 4 games in 2005 with some great kids and a rough schedule.  Didn't feel like the Super Bowl, but it was a good step.

The woman AD referred to was not only a fine AD who worked and supported everything and everyone, but also one of the best human beings around. 

That said, hope Coach Hammontree does well and turns the corner soon.  Heritage will always be my favorite of the Blount County teams. 

I hear ya. Who's watch did the football program fall to pot under? I'm not on here downgrading this person as a human being at all. Captain Smith was a great human being but the ship hit the iceberg on his watch.  Now let me tell you about the 2005 Heritage team that won four games. They beat two team that went 1-9 that year which was Campbell County and Bradley Central. They beat McMinn County who was 3-7 and they also played a 4-A school up the road called Seymour that was 7-4. Now in the six loses they got shutout four times and managed to score 6 and 8 points in two other loses. They just happened to have a schedule full of whipping boy's that everyone beats is the only reason they went 4-6 that year.