Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

Yea Yea I am homer but been laying pretty low but Grace Christian has only 5 losses 3 of those Beardon Webb and Oak Ridge. The other two in a good daytona holiday tourney shorthanded due to illness. They are fun team to watch and are 8-0 in the district with 4 left. 16-5 aint bad and they are playing some good ball.

I was very impressed by the Rams when they played Catholic. They really executed well and had great energy. I thought their coach did an excellent job. I look forward to a little redemption Saturday.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been hereing a lot about Catholic being an up and coming team. Who are their key players. Do they shoot good or do they depend on their inside game. Are they good on defense. CAK based on what I read is the team to beat in that district with catholic nipping at their heels. Alcoa I would guess will make some noise as young guys get more experience.

Did I hear correctly that Carter goes to Central on Saturday. Would that be a good game to see.

Been hereing a lot about Catholic being an up and coming team. Who are their key players. Do they shoot good or do they depend on their inside game. Are they good on defense. CAK based on what I read is the team to beat in that district with catholic nipping at their heels. Alcoa I would guess will make some noise as young guys get more experience.

Did I hear correctly that Carter goes to Central on Saturday. Would that be a good game to see.

Catholic starts 3 sophomores (Luke Smith, Davari Reeder and Tony Scott) and they dress 4 more (Chase Kuerschen, Dawson Anderson, Georde Goodwyn, and Kevin Stewart) Catholic also dresses a freshman (Jack Sompayrac). Luke Smith is their pg and he averages 20 ppg, The other 2 starters are Jordan Anderson a senior (16 ppg) and Zac Jancek a senior (10 ppg). The rest of the team is made up of Eli Cox (junior), Austen Rhoades (senior) and Connor Ostrowski (senior). Their JV team which is made up freshman and a couple of sophomores is 13-3 and their freshman team is 14-2 with losses to Blackman (by 10 in a tournament in Nashville) and to Powell.  They played Powell without their starting 5 at Heritage's tournament (they were with the JV team playing in another tournament at West). Catholic's freshman team has beaten Oak Ridge twice this year and they are averaging about 70 ppg as team. They have some very talented freshman  as well: Jack Sompayrac, Joe Fluker, Jackson Rowan, Sean Purcell, Cam Whaley, Cam Blakely, Brock Jancek and D.J. Mitchell (whose been injured and has only played one game) have a very bright future.  Usually a really good shooting team (averages about 11 made 3 point baskets per game) and if you know Coach Hutchens, they play solid defense.  Smith and Anderson missed most of last year with injuries. They are 12-5 and had a really poor shooting night against CAK.  CAK starts one senior (and like Catholic a lot of sophomores too) so the next few years (along with Alcoa) should make for some exciting basketball in 4AA. 

Edited by QSouth89

Looks like Carter lost again to a quality. Big numbers vs weak teams. Can't seem to come thru against good teams. Think the final was 96-72? Was Carter at full strength.

Bearden ranked #1 in Triple A. Two good wins vs Jeff co and Maryville bad loss against Heritage. 7 wins against A and AA teams. Big game vs Maryville coming up.

Oak ridge keeps on rolling. No challenges for them til region.

CAK and Catholic still seem to be heading for a big Game. Best in their district. Fulton not dominate but seem to find a way to win. Ranked 5 in the state. Not sure they are best AA team in knoxville.

Looks like Carter lost again to a quality. Big numbers vs weak teams. Can't seem to come thru against good teams. Think the final was 96-72? Was Carter at full strength.

Bearden ranked #1 in Triple A. Two good wins vs Jeff co and Maryville bad loss against Heritage. 7 wins against A and AA teams. Big game vs Maryville coming up.

Oak ridge keeps on rolling. No challenges for them til region.

CAK and Catholic still seem to be heading for a big Game. Best in their district. Fulton not dominate but seem to find a way to win. Ranked 5 in the state. Not sure they are best AA team in knoxville.

Who did they lose to?