Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

Ageed .. the Carter coach is responsible forvthe kid fouling out early .. I mean you got your best player on the court in 3rd qtr early with 4 fouls .. thats coaching .. Dont know who he is trying to look like with his slick back dark hair.. had nothing to do with who played and who didnt .. Fulton had some key guys in foul trouble too .. like u said .. Carter had 3 or 4 and Fulton had 10 .. Carter had not seen that kinda defense this year ..

Ageed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Go back to elementary school and get a do-over!   Have to disagree with your scouting report on the game.  Big game with Fulton being deep and at full strength and Carter not being at full strength (PG out) and not deep.  Thought the Carter coach took a gamble keeping #3 in the game with 4 fouls in the 3rd but based on what I have seen and been told the guy likes to coach on the edge anyway!  Saw where Fulton was hit with 2 technicals on players unsportsmanlike conduct. Lack of discipline from the coach there.  Look forward to rd. 2 at Carter.  Hopefully both teams will be at full strength.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tadvols.....you need spell check!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your either a disgruntled parent or an idiot......Carter's starting PG was not playing and #3 for Carter picked up his 3rd at the end of the 1st...his last 2 were bogus calls...he sits for the whole 2nd qtr and and had to play the third with 4 or do you sit him with the game pulling away.... fouls out....Carter is playing a sophomore and freshman at PG so it was trouble from the start...as far as coaching the guy obviously had to gamble so that the game wouldn't get away which it did anyway...if you know anything about basketball the offense starts and ends through your PG....same thing happened to Carter last year at Fulton....one game doesn't make or break a season but you can certainly learn from it. It wasn't the defense Fulton played it was lack of PG play....go back to B-Ball 101...

I like how you said "the offense starts and ends through your PG". While this is true for teams that actually run an offense, it doesn't apply to Carter. Even without their "point guard", Bowden is a good enough ball handler and player to run an offense in his absence. With the self-proclaimed "system" that Carter runs, it doesn't matter who's at point. They get their points through pressing and running. When Bowden, Jackson, and Woodruff get the ball, they are NOT looking for their point guard to get into a set. They're looking to score. As far as the two technicals are concerned, the two kids hit shots on Jackson and let him know about it (apparently before the game there was some jawing back and forth about who would score on who). I wouldn't say it was a lack of discipline on their coach (who sat both kids after they did it). In fact, Jackson got a technical in the Pigeon Forge Christmas tourney. So does that mean Carter's coach has no discipline?

I like how you said "the offense starts and ends through your PG". While this is true for teams that actually run an offense, it doesn't apply to Carter. Even without their "point guard", Bowden is a good enough ball handler and player to run an offense in his absence. With the self-proclaimed "system" that Carter runs, it doesn't matter who's at point. They get their points through pressing and running. When Bowden, Jackson, and Woodruff get the ball, they are NOT looking for their point guard to get into a set. They're looking to score. As far as the two technicals are concerned, the two kids hit shots on Jackson and let him know about it (apparently before the game there was some jawing back and forth about who would score on who). I wouldn't say it was a lack of discipline on their coach (who sat both kids after they did it). In fact, Jackson got a technical in the Pigeon Forge Christmas tourney. So does that mean Carter's coach has no discipline?

Jackson leaving Fulton for Carter, probably had a lot to do with the talking back and forth. You have the forner player wanting to show his old teammates what they lost, and you have the forner team trying to shut him down. There's no denying, Fulton's defense is good. I've said it before Kentel Williams is the best on the ball, defender I've seen in a long time.

Jackson leaving Fulton for Carter, probably had a lot to do with the talking back and forth. You have the forner player wanting to show his old teammates what they lost, and you have the forner team trying to shut him down. There's no denying, Fulton's defense is good. I've said it before Kentel Williams is the best on the ball, defender I've seen in a long time.

Cut from that dre matheiu cloth...

Kentel is a lot stronger, I've seen bigger guards muscle past Matheiu (that is when Dre wasn't stealing the ball from them). But he was a ball hawk as well.

True dre wasn't a 3 time state champion in football like kentel that's where the muscle comes from... But I was really talking about them both being from the lonsdale area and really athletic and good defenders...

Carter at Gibbs tonight. Any thoughts? Gibbs shoots it well, I'll say Carter 104-97

Carter played well vs A-E friday night in a 101-84 win w/o one of their starters...2 role players shot the 3-ball well for them....PG has been a spark for Carter since his return from a concussion which sat him out in 2 losses vs Cumberland Co. and Fulton....