Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

I don't get out much and more to see games so all I have to go by is what I read on message boards and in the newspaper. But trutle I find it amusing that Fulton doesn't impress you when they beat one of your top four (Carter) by 50. Carter I understand wasn't full strength but will one player make up 50 points. Fulton may not be very good. But if that is the case. Carter must not be as good as advertised. Based on state polls and scores I am seeing it looks like Oak Ridge and Bearden are the class of the Knoxville area. Webb, CAK, Catholic, and Fulton would be imo the next in line with Carter in the mix due to style of play and talent.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Hate Maryville and I hate Bearden but aye they are (Bearden ) 21-1...... Because Fulton 50 balled Carter doesn't make them (Carter) lame... I said coming into the year, Carter is the team to beat and I'm sticking to it. I should've said Best Teams in the Knoxville area instead of East Tennessee because I know nothing about David Crocket. But I tell you one thing when those big country boys come to the city, they can't keep up with the tempo.. Now let me switch this up my top 4 in the Knoxville area and surrounding county.. Bearden, Oak Ridge, Webb, and Carter... Fulton hasn't impressed me yet. AE well they have the wrong coach. Carter's coach needs to be at AE ()

Man, u are definately one of those knoll aide drinkers Mattj was talking about.

I'd say Gibbs is as "country " as Davey Crockett and they beat Carter! Ur not impressed by a team yet that is 12-2, ranked in top 10 in state and beat Carter by 55 points? C'mon Man! Their 7-0 in your district.

There not even in the top ten in Knoxville area. I said on the other Carter thread that when u run this gimmick system, you usually do it to cover up a bunch of deficiencies. And that seems to be the case with Carter. They kill the really bad teams with their athleticism and lose vs teams that can play a bit of defense. All I ever hear from Carter fans on here when they lose is they were without this player or that player, or the pa announcer was sick, or the bus was cold, or any other excuse. Heck I'm a CC fan and we've battled sickness and everything else but you don't see me over on the 3AAA thread making excuse!!

Top ten in Knoxville area are IMO. No particular order

Oak ridge

Fulton

Bearden

Maryville

Jeff co

Grace

Webb

Catholic

Morristown east

Harriman/ Meigs county.

After these teams I'd put Oak ridges Jv team in the mix. Their better than Carter.

The refs took that game from West. If Kesler gets a warning from a ref, you know things were bad. West was up 16 then the refs started checking the real Rebels!!!

I wasn't there but heard more than one say this morning that the refs were bad. Its amazing how much you can pick up eating breakfast. I didn't hear that West was up 16 at anytime though. Haven't seen Webb either but will also check them out. No they (Crocket)didn't fair well against three teams (GA, NC, and Science Hill). By no means do I think Carter is lame they have two outstanding players which with a little help could probably play mid D1. I don't hate Bearden  for I love the way they play, hard. Just not a fan of them. 

Man, u are definately one of those knoll aide drinkers Mattj was talking about.

I'd say Gibbs is as "country " as Davey Crockett and they beat Carter! Ur not impressed by a team yet that is 12-2, ranked in top 10 in state and beat Carter by 55 points? C'mon Man! Their 7-0 in your district.

There not even in the top ten in Knoxville area. I said on the other Carter thread that when u run this gimmick system, you usually do it to cover up a bunch of deficiencies. And that seems to be the case with Carter. They kill the really bad teams with their athleticism and lose vs teams that can play a bit of defense. All I ever hear from Carter fans on here when they lose is they were without this player or that player, or the pa announcer was sick, or the bus was cold, or any other excuse. Heck I'm a CC fan and we've battled sickness and everything else but you don't see me over on the 3AAA thread making excuse!!

Top ten in Knoxville area are IMO. No particular order

Oak ridge

Fulton

Bearden

Maryville

Jeff co

Grace

Webb

Catholic

Morristown east

Harriman/ Meigs county.

After these teams I'd put Oak ridges Jv team in the mix. Their better than Carter.

Dang, no one think I'm crazy on these teams? Lol. I always catch some flack when I post stuff like this. I must be spot on for no one to respond.

Carter was without their starting pg (concussion) and their leading scorer at 26.6 ppg played about 7 min and fouled out with 4 points. Fulton played a great game and deserve all the credit. Carter should be back to full strength when they play again on the 16th at Carter.

Wonder what excuses will be made for this game at Carter.  Not at full strength?  Officials?

Trutle just noticed that Fulton was able to beat Carter tonight. Would it be safe to say that both squads were at full strength. Are you still unimpressed with Fulton. Do you still put Carter in the same category as class AAA powers Oak Ridge and Bearden. I just looked at Carter's schedule on Coach t and if iam not mistaken Carter is 5-6 since Christmas. Not the record of an E Tn top team

Carter is 4-5 since Christmas. Knoxville area Oak Ridge and Bearden are heads and shoulders above all others. Catholic CAK West Fulton are good but nothing special. Carter struggles against good competition has won big vs weak teams can't seem to win against quality teams. I was on board with Hornets early but they haven't show anything but mediocrity.

Carter is 4-5 since Christmas. Knoxville area Oak Ridge and Bearden are heads and shoulders above all others. Catholic CAK West Fulton are good but nothing special. Carter struggles against good competition has won big vs weak teams can't seem to win against quality teams. I was on board with Hornets early but they haven't show anything but mediocrity.

Carter didn't struggle against 18-2 white county ranked in aaa to win the G-P tournament....believe to get there they beat Livingston academy and lebanon.....both QUALITY teams.......your argument holds no water......Carter up 11 tonight and should have been more....outplayed Fulton all game....quite a turnaround from their first meeting....

Carter didn't struggle against 18-2 white county ranked in aaa to win the G-P tournament....believe to get there they beat Livingston academy and lebanon.....both QUALITY teams.......your argument holds no water......Carter up 11 tonight and should have been more....outplayed Fulton all game....quite a turnaround from their first meeting....

Wow. Who's argument holds no water?