Knoxville area ball

PurpleFan

Take the Carter Fulton trash talk to another thread and lets take a look at what's going on around town.

Best area teams:

Oak Ridge. Young but talented.

Bearden. Good enough and play hard. Blevins will accept nothing less.

Jeff Co. Team we all forget about.

CAK. Well coached. Depth may be an issue.

Webb. Very good on perimeter. Great coach.

Catholic. Great young talent.

Fulton. Deep 1-10 can play. Hall of Fame Coach.

Carter. 2 great players 2 good players 1 average player. Bench is empty. Can they play their style against good competition.

Maryville. Well coached solid talent.

Officials better tighten it up or we will see more situations like WB and maryville. Coaches and players games will be called differently for the next couple of weeks.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Sparta. Saw them play twice and although picked to win it all, I just don't see it.  Henderson is hit or miss and loves the 3 ball. If he would take it off the dribble more and shoot the mid range/post up it would open up White Countys game tremendously. They will still make a deep run in that area.

white co. is ranked 7th in the latest ap poll so they must be pretty good! 19-2

Was able to walk over and watch central play fulton Tuesday night. Central is improved and gave Fulton a game in the first half. Second half a different story. Fulton appeared to make some adjustments pulled away and won by 15. Fulton is deep and appeared to have at least one player in street clothes. Think he was a starter. Central has improved talent and asking around they are young so look for th to be better in the future.

Bearden Oak Ridge Jeff Co Maryville CAK Catholic Carter all win big.

Any big games this weekend.

Was able to walk over and watch central play fulton Tuesday night. Central is improved and gave Fulton a game in the first half. Second half a different story. Fulton appeared to make some adjustments pulled away and won by 15. Fulton is deep and appeared to have at least one player in street clothes. Think he was a starter. Central has improved talent and asking around they are young so look for th to be better in the future.

Bearden Oak Ridge Jeff Co Maryville CAK Catholic Carter all win big.

Any big games this weekend.

RedandBlack....didn't you used to question me when I said Jon Higgins could coach???

Is Campbell county a good team this year because fulton beat them by 50 tonight... Didn't they beat central earlier in the year? CC can you weigh in on this one?

Not CC but I will chime in. With all due respect to Campbell County no they aren't very good. Against teams like OR and Fulton they will always struggle. They are over matched athletically.

Yea Yea I am homer but been laying pretty low but Grace Christian has only 5 losses 3 of those Beardon Webb and Oak Ridge. The other two in a good daytona holiday tourney shorthanded due to illness. They are fun team to watch and are 8-0 in the district with 4 left. 16-5 aint bad and they are playing some good ball.

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Yea Yea I am homer but been laying pretty low but Grace Christian has only 5 losses 3 of those Beardon Webb and Oak Ridge. The other two in a good daytona holiday tourney shorthanded due to illness. They are fun team to watch and are 8-0 in the district with 4 left. 16-5 aint bad and they are playing some good ball.

State bound team is my guess.