Science hill football 2015

Skicat

I knew you guys would get a good laugh out of this. I'd say the only thing you have to worry about is will your third string go into the game at the beginning of the third quarter or the beginning of the forth quarter. You just beat Science Hill's best team in school history 45-0 with a average Maryville (by Maryville standards) team. I think Batman is trying to goad the DB football team to get busy in the weight room and also to convince the staff/AD that they need to upgrade their strength and conditioning program. But hay! Did you hear we've got a upper deck on our stadium and 25 assistant coaches. Science Hill don't have that.

Thainks fer tha enfoe Waco.....We iz comin upp thair two Steve Spurrier Feeled this fall and eye hoap we down't git blindsided..... :popcorneater:

Won't bee two yorns knew uppur deck untill necks yeer.....If'un me and momma gits thair urlee enuff...We mite taik a tore ov tha knew fasillyties.....Eye jist hoap thay've lode tested thait knew deck beefour momma steps on out hit...... :huh:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... But hay! Did you hear we've got a upper deck on our stadium and 25 assistant coaches. Science Hill don't have that.

DB may have an upper deck but I have it on good authority that Science Hill has a secret Lower Deck.    That's right, this is for VIP's only and has a secret entrance near the fieldhouse.    Those lucky enough to get these seats are provided with their own personal periscopes with which to watch the action on the field.           DB don't have that.

Yep to several things.Im not saying the best minds in strength and conditioning can put SH or DB  up with one of the best programs in the country,but what SH is doing will make what they have a lot better.You can't add guys that work with the best lifters in America and say it's not going to help them at all.  The part I have not mentioned is what pizzes me off the most.Several have talked about what a joke we have in kingsport before they knew my former Indian went to school there.The bragg coming from JC but not the coaches or team is DB will soon never beat the Hill again in football.I think Kingsport has enough of everything for that not to happen,but the streak is already 3 for the Hill.That's 3 to many . Stars,Red Rebels answered correctly on olympic trainers.As for the upperdeck holding momma,I'd wait and take her to Pal's after the game.

Right on Batman.     Football is not a weight lifting contest, neither is it a track meet, but strength and conditioning will make every player better than not doing conditioning.      But let's face it, conditioning is generally hard mindless work compared to actually running plays and stuff like that.   You have to be very motivated to run wind sprints in the July heat or have a coach that motivates you......

Right on Batman.     Football is not a weight lifting contest, neither is it a track meet, but strength and conditioning will make every player better than not doing conditioning.      But let's face it, conditioning is generally hard mindless work compared to actually running plays and stuff like that.   You have to be very motivated to run wind sprints in the July heat or have a coach that motivates you......

It's so much different then when I was a kid.There were strong players and good athletes,but it has come a long way from those times.You line up two kids { say a 260 pound fataz against a 260 kid that can move and is strong }.For that matter,you take a 280 fataz against a 230 kid that has super strength and speed.It's game,set and match unless the fataz falls on someone.That's like putting a man up against a boy.Todays kids have to be men in football,much less 6A football.

Yep...    the biggest, strongest and fastest guys in the world do NOT play football, but there is no doubt that you cannot get by today by being average in terms of conditioning, even in high school sports.       I'm sure DB will do ok in the new conference but as long as Maryville is around there just isn't much hope of a deep playoff run.    Same thing for the Hill..

.As for the upperdeck holding momma,I'd wait and take her to Pal's after the game.

CaipedCrewsaidur ewe maik a goodur point.......Laist time we wint two see tha Pups att Eastern Stait......We drove bye tha Pals bildin' and momma saw tham big hot dawgs, haimburgurrs, franch fried taters, and cold dranks and she started droolin' and haid tha floorbored ov Nellie Belle wet....Luckilee eye haid weared my Hi-Top Chucks thait day...... :hungry:

companyinfo_building.jpg

converse-barberry-chuck-taylor-all-star-

Edited by STARSNBARS

Thainks fer tha enfoe Waco.....We iz comin upp thair two Steve Spurrier Feeled this fall and eye hoap we down't git blindsided..... :popcorneater:

Won't bee two yorns knew uppur deck untill necks yeer.....If'un me and momma gits thair urlee enuff...We mite taik a tore ov tha knew fasillyties.....Eye jist hoap thay've lode tested thait knew deck beefour momma steps on out hit...... :huh:

Just make sure you have a full roll of dollar bills when you sign up for that upper deck tour. Last year you couldn't step foot on it without the proper ticket and I believe the cheap seats were about $20 each. I had season tix so I don't have firsthand knowledge of that but that is what I heard people grumbling about. Cheap seats on the bottom always sold out early and people were leaving rather than paying out the nose to sit in empty seats up high.

Just make sure you have a full roll of dollar bills when you sign up for that upper deck tour. Last year you couldn't step foot on it without the proper ticket and I believe the cheap seats were about $20 each. I had season tix so I don't have firsthand knowledge of that but that is what I heard people grumbling about. Cheap seats on the bottom always sold out early and people were leaving rather than paying out the nose to sit in empty seats up high.

Does D-B have ushers? We need two ushers and two velvet ropes at MHS to curtail the foot cruising in front of the reserved seats.

Bench, Squat, Power clean, what else is there?...lol

Good one.It is true  that a lot of coaches would use these three lifts as pretty much their weightlifting program.However, not just any coach,dad or trainer knows how to teach a kid the proper way to lift or how  to maximize a kids gains in the weight room.I admit that knowing 100% how to do some lifts were out of my qualifications a few years ago and if I had any questions then or today,I'd get the best to help my own kid before I  tried.Some things you would take as common sense but not all coaches and trainers would agree.If your going to work on  heavy weight lifting,you don't do it azz backwards.For instance, your going to have a kid use heavy weights on  squats,say around 300 to 400lbs for reps.Well the last  thing you would do is have him do 30 to 45 minutes of jumping around or cardio type of stuff first and then expect him to do his max for reps.

Edited by BatmanDB