2015 Riverdale football schedule

davidlimbaugh

I will say it here as I have said it in a couple other threads. Riverdale will be a better team this year than the ones we are used to seeing. I can't tell you if it is the level of competition is weakening, the coaching and players there are getting that much better or if it is a little of all of them. One of the things that LOD and TDC hit on is the proverbial question as to why they dropped off like they did. 

This of course is solely my opinion, but I do have some factual incidents that relate to this however.  That being said,winning begins with pride and respect, You can demand that a player give you respect or you can go earn it. If you earn it, he will spill blood and guts to deliver for you, because he cares and wants to please you.  If you demand respect you have it only when you are present. it leaves with you and so does the element of care. There are tons of former parents and players alike that have endured the belittling statements and continue to do so, but winning starts with a pride in the program that exceeds the ego of the man running it. You cant grow anything when you continually prune the program back. When the alumni from the last 5-6 years don't care nor do their parents what does that tell you?

While I still watch R'dale football, my son will NOT wear his state championship ring or Letterman's Jacket for the 4 years he lettered!

Serious question for folks that have been watching this years team. Do we have separate offense and defensive lines this year or will we have the same 6-8 young men playing both ways on the line?

While I still watch R'dale football, my son will NOT wear his state championship ring or Letterman's Jacket for the 4 years he lettered!

Serious question for folks that have been watching this years team. Do we have separate offense and defensive lines this year or will we have the same 6-8 young men playing both ways on the line?

Your son was a very good player and that says alot that he will not dawn something he poured that much of his time energy and heart into.

Good point about the lines. I believe Blackman and Oakland both run separate lines. Depth and fresh horses can carry the game when it is close. 

Does anyone know when the trial will be for the individual that assaulted Aydelott?

Am I the only one that's concerned about what's going to be disclosed at this trial and where that's going to leave Riverdale? Obviously, a young kid's life is ruined and Aydelott's reputation/career may well be ruined.  Are there others that should've intervened before it came to this who could be tarnished? 

Hopefully this is handled in juvenile court (closed records) and is over well before football season starts.  If this turns into a mid-Summer public spectacle I'd give Aydelott a 50% chance of coaching this season.

Edited by TDCman

Does anyone know when the trial will be for the individual that assaulted Aydelott?

Am I the only one that's concerned about what's going to be disclosed at this trial and where that's going to leave Riverdale? Obviously, a young kid's life is ruined and Aydelott's reputation/career may well be ruined.  Are there others that should've intervened before it came to this who could be tarnished? 

Hopefully this is handled in juvenile court (closed records) and is over well before football season starts.  If this turns into a mid-Summer public spectacle I'd give Aydelott a 50% chance of coaching this season.

I would almost bet the farm that Coach A will be on the sidelines this year.  I am curious to see if what was said to have happened and what some have said was said is actually true. I don't think you can call a player an "efin" loser or a pu$$y in front of others players and coaches and expect to retain their respect or admiration. I know everyone has a bad day moment or sometimes circumstances that just bring out the" less than desirable" side in all of us.  I hope that this may be the case , but recently I have heard more and more  of these type of incidents. After a while you can no longer call the symptom, the symptom  but address it  for what it is, the problem itself. I truly hope that Riverdale has a good season as I know several of the players, and they have worked exceptionally hard as have SOME of the coaches. You can't help but want to see good people thrive.  Maybe in time and with some concerned parent conversations at the school board level, some of these problems can be addressed and maybe fixed. 

Edited by Blaze45

I would almost bet the farm that Coach A will be on the sidelines this year.  I am curious to see if what was said to have happened and what some have said was said is actually true. I don't think you can call a player an "efin" loser or a pu$$y in front of others players and coaches and expect to retain their respect or admiration. I know everyone has a bad day moment or sometimes circumstances that just bring out the" less than desirable" side in all of us.  I hope that this may be the case , but recently I have heard more and more  of these type of incidents. After a while you can no longer call the symptom, the symptom  but address it  for what it is, the problem itself. I truly hope that Riverdale has a good season as I know several of the players, and they have worked exceptionally hard as have SOME of the coaches. You can't help but want to see good people thrive.  Maybe in time and with some concerned parent conversations at the school board level, some of these problems can be addressed and maybe fixed. 

4-5 years ago I had a new neighbor move in during the Summer and the mother took the son up to Riverdale to get on the football team. Both said they were treated terribly and that Aydelott was totally abusive and disrespectful (mom's words were more colorful).  At the time I just took it as them being malcontents (they always had some type of grievance about something). 

The neighbors moved again and the player joined another school/team, became a two-year starter, and got to enjoy a deep playoff run.  Got to think that maybe he could've contributed something at Riverdale. 

One has to wonder if the large drop in participation at Riverdale isn't related to this behavior.  Rankin was well known as a stern disciplinarian but the players were still there. There's a line that's been crossed somewhere or just a general lack of earning respect.

Hope this stuff is not the case? Maybe David can shed some light on this as well? Will continue to be positive though! GO WARRIORS!!! :hungry:  :hungry:  :hungry:

You are correct.  Probably best to just let things play out and see what happens. Speculating won't really solve anything.

To answer part of my own question. Per the DNJ the trial date is this week, in juvenile court.  Sounded like with the lawyer confusion the date will get pushed back.  

This seems kinda strange...but we may be in agreement on that.  

I have a feeling there is some truth to both sides of what has been said to have happened and agree that whatever has transpired will come out in court. My hope is that either way both the program and the players will be able to a look at where they are and find a way to improve themselves. 

Why is it strange. There are always different views of events that take place. it all should come out in court and a judge will have to sort it out. Even is something was said that shouldn't have been, would you agree with the outcome. I wouldn't. Too many unanswered questions. Hopefully all involved will learn, grow, and move on.