Camden Lions 2015

jlc70

Camden looked really good considering it was the first scrimmage.  Lots of new offensive and defensive players.  The size of our line (both offense and defense) is concerning to me.  But what they lack in girth, they more than make up for in speed.  This years team could be one of the fastest teams we have fielded in quite some time.  I don't know how the game plan from this scrimmage will pan out come kick off, but we rarely ran with Junior QB Hayden Abernathy under center.  Lots and lots of pass plays during this scrimmage.

Camden looked really good considering it was the first scrimmage.  Lots of new offensive and defensive players.  The size of our line (both offense and defense) is concerning to me.  But what they lack in girth, they more than make up for in speed.  This years team could be one of the fastest teams we have fielded in quite some time.  I don't know how the game plan from this scrimmage will pan out come kick off, but we rarely ran with Junior QB Hayden Abernathy under center.  Lots and lots of pass plays during this scrimmage.

Camden throwing the football?! Wow! Thats surprising. Maybe they did learn a little something from that loss from Waverly last year! With a back like Brown, why would you want to even attempt to pass? Heard he touched the ball once for a 30 yard touchdown. Very Un-Camden like. Good for them. Its nice to see Blow step outside the box. 

Waverly makes people play in space defensively and it causes major matchup problems. Waverly is big enough and physical enough defensively to line up and contain Brown notice I didn't say "stop" I said contain because a back as good as him is going to break a few throughout the course of a game. I would expect that game to be very similar to last year's meeting which was a shootout.

There will be a major difference between last year's game and this year's game.  We will have a passing game and Waverly is still looking for a quarterback.  I heard they may start a Freshman.  This year, it will be both of ours first game.  I feel a whole lot better about our chances facing Waverly in our first game than theirs with a rookie untested quarterback.