Camden Lions 2015

jlc70

Camden's junior high team has been getting worse and worse. As a Camden fan, this continues to worry me. The parents offer good support, the coaching is great, it's just the low number of athletes.......................... I'm afraid this will catch up with the high school ballers sooner than later. 

are the  numbers lower  in jr high or just other things for the boys to do

I don't believe that the number of athletes are down very much. However, the talent is dropping significantly after this year's 8th grade class.

These kind of thing go in cycles. If Camden keeps a good coaching staff together they will be fine. Good coaching and hard work can build talent.

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

These kind of thing go in cycles. If Camden keeps a good coaching staff together they will be fine. Good coaching and hard work can build talent.

This past seasons seniors went 1-9 as freshman... They and the coaches put in the work.

Edited by Beagle

They will have a solid regular season since their district is so weak. They will get MAULED by a team in our district in the playoffs, which is the usual story for them.

They only team from your district that beats us is Milan..we have beaten  MWV for the better part of 12 years  with a loss here and there  having played them twice a year quite  few times counting the playoffs where we hold a 4-1 record vs them in the playoffs. Now that our district is smaller we have renewed that regular season game. ..Now as for out of district games   next time scheduling opens up have your coaches step up..we had to schedule Nashville teams a couple of years ago because nobody would play us in the west and I am sure the kids parents and coaches would rather not make that drive .. Also   with the new regions we will be playing middle Tennessee teams in the playoff until the quarter finals so   Milan will have sent you home before that and odds are CPA will have done  same  the same to us    http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_dyersburg2000.htm You have never even played us...but seeing how we beat the pants off MWV in some of those years they beat you well...one can only speculate that we were the much better team 

Edited by Beagle

I don't believe that the number of athletes are down very much. However, the talent is dropping significantly after this year's 8th grade class.

There is defiantly a drop off in numbers in baseball and popwarner football but that might be an economic thing too. We will see. We are just a small town on the lake.

Never said they didn't.... I totally agree with you. Every time I see Camden it is obvious to me they are a well coached team. I know I give Camden folks a lot if grief but really I have a lot of respect for your program.

I know you do. My statement was a reinforcement of your point about hard work not a confrontation  . We got it all over our locker room weight room." Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

They only team from your district that beats us is Milan..we have beaten  MWV for the better part of 12 years  with a loss here and there  having played them twice a year quite  few times counting the playoffs where we hold a 4-1 record vs them in the playoffs. Now that our district is smaller we have renewed that regular season game. ..Now as for out of district games   next time scheduling opens up have your coaches step up..we had to schedule Nashville teams a couple of years ago because nobody would play us in the west and I am sure the kids parents and coaches would rather not make that drive .. Also   with the new regions we will be playing middle Tennessee teams in the playoff until the quarter finals so   Milan will have sent you home before that and odds are CPA will have done  same  the same to us    http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_dyersburg2000.htm You have never even played us...but seeing how we beat the pants off MWV in some of those years they beat you well...one can only speculate that we were the much better team 

First, we have the same problems when it comes to scheduling, and we only have three non region games, and Crockett and Ripley are rivals so we like playing them. Second, I did not know yall will be with middle Tennessee teams in the playoffs. Third, i'm not going back twelve years, i'm talking about recent and MWV did beat yall in 2011. We have won four straight against them! Fourth, they will beat yall this year. Finally, you guys barely beat South Gibson and we beat them 27-7, and yall got MAULED by Milan, while we only lost by a touchdown against them with a young team. We have a lot more overall talent, better coaches, and community support. Go Trojans!