Camden Lions 2015

jlc70

First, we have the same problems when it comes to scheduling, and we only have three non region games, and Crockett and Ripley are rivals so we like playing them. Second, I did not know yall will be with middle Tennessee teams in the playoffs. Third, i'm not going back twelve years, i'm talking about recent and MWV did beat yall in 2011. You are going off the 2009-2010 season when we were down, it doesn't show 2012-2014. We have won four straight against them! Fourth, they will beat yall this year. Finally, you guys barely beat South Gibson and we beat them 27-7, and yall got MAULED by Milan, while we only lost by a touchdown against them with a young team. We have a lot more overall talent, better coaches, and community support. Go Trojans!

This talk about other west TN area schools like Dyersburg that haven't played Camden makes me wonder. Who does Camden play in their jamboree every preseason? I know that the Jackson area schools have a jamboree, Henry County has a jamboree, and unless I'm mistaken I thought Huntingdon always had a jamboree. I'm sure it would be a good preseason test to see Camden play one of the 'traditional' west TN powers.

This talk about other west TN area schools like Dyersburg that haven't played Camden makes me wonder. Who does Camden play in their jamboree every preseason? I know that the Jackson area schools have a jamboree, Henry County has a jamboree, and unless I'm mistaken I thought Huntingdon always had a jamboree. I'm sure it would be a good preseason test to see Camden play one of the 'traditional' west TN powers.

I see your point, but jamboree's really don't matter. I know at Dyersburg we just want to get through the jamboree healthy and not show a lot.

We play in the Huntingdon Jamboree every year until 4 years ago when we went to  Henry Countys. then back to Huntingdons uWe don't control who we play in those jamborees though  

We dont shy away from competition if thats what you are getting at we dont need a preseason test from a traditional west Tennessee power! we play 2 of them almost every year in Huntingdon and Martin Westview...only 2 other school better than that in west Tennessee  year in and year out are Henry County and Milan..

We  play a lot of scrimmages and Jv Games  vs Milan, Huntingdon  Westview  Henry county  Humboldt, Jackson Southside & Northside Lewis County every summer until we were in the same district..S.Gibson when they first started out and only had JV then shceduled them to replace David Lipscomb right after they went 10-1  David Lipscomb was on our regular season schedule a few years back because nobody in the west wanted to play us in the regular season...We try to play JV vs anyone in our district all season long if we can plus Milan HC and Huntingdon  I am sure I have forgotten some..We have our old coach at Crockett County we are doing a summer scrimmage  vs this year and we know that he will be up for that as will our coaches

To be perfectly honest if not for Milan Camden  makes it to the state finals in 2009 and 2010...they are the bump in our road 4 times I think in the last 12 years. 

Edited by Beagle

We play in the Huntingdon Jamboree every year until 4 years ago when we went to Henry Countys. then back to Huntingdons uWe don't control who we play in those jamborees though

We dont shy away from competition if thats what you are getting at we dont need a preseason test from a traditional west Tennessee power! we play 2 of them almost every year in Huntingdon and Martin Westview...only 2 other school better than that in west Tennessee year in and year out are Henry County and Milan..

We play a lot of scrimmages and Jv Games vs Milan, Huntingdon Westview Henry county Humboldt, Jackson Southside & Northside Lewis County every summer until we were in the same district..S.Gibson when they first started out and only had JV then shceduled them to replace David Lipscomb right after they went 10-1 David Lipscomb was on our regular season schedule a few years back because nobody in the west wanted to play us in the regular season...We try to play JV vs anyone in our district all season long if we can plus Milan HC and Huntingdon I am sure I have forgotten some..We have our old coach at Crockett County we are doing a summer scrimmage vs this year and we know that he will be up for that as will our coaches

To be perfectly honest if not for Milan Camden makes it to the state finals in 2009 and 2010...they are the bump in our road 4 times I think in the last 12 years.

Goodpasture in 2010 was very good.

We play in the Huntingdon Jamboree every year until 4 years ago when we went to Henry Countys. then back to Huntingdons uWe don't control who we play in those jamborees though

We dont shy away from competition if thats what you are getting at we dont need a preseason test from a traditional west Tennessee power! we play 2 of them almost every year in Huntingdon and Martin Westview...only 2 other school better than that in west Tennessee year in and year out are Henry County and Milan..

We play a lot of scrimmages and Jv Games vs Milan, Huntingdon Westview Henry county Humboldt, Jackson Southside & Northside Lewis County every summer until we were in the same district..S.Gibson when they first started out and only had JV then shceduled them to replace David Lipscomb right after they went 10-1 David Lipscomb was on our regular season schedule a few years back because nobody in the west wanted to play us in the regular season...We try to play JV vs anyone in our district all season long if we can plus Milan HC and Huntingdon I am sure I have forgotten some..We have our old coach at Crockett County we are doing a summer scrimmage vs this year and we know that he will be up for that as will our coaches

To be perfectly honest if not for Milan Camden makes it to the state finals in 2009 and 2010...they are the bump in our road 4 times I think in the last 12 years.

I'm not "getting at" anything at all Beagle I was simply asking a question. I know how frustrating it is to lose to a great team that is just better on a year where you are loaded. The QB injuries to Camden in 2009 and 2010 were back breakers. The 2010 team was good enough to get to the finals if Easley doesn't get hurt. I would have liked to have seen a Cheatham County vs Milan Semifinal in 2012. Milan beat CPA that year but Milan's hard nosed style of play vs that Cheatham team would have made for a great game. Cheatham lost to a very good CPA team with a passing attack the Cubs couldn't match up with in the secondary though and we never got to see that game.

I'm not "getting at" anything at all Beagle I was simply asking a question. I know how frustrating it is to lose to a great team that is just better on a year where you are loaded. The QB injuries to Camden in 2009 and 2010 were back breakers. The 2010 team was good enough to get to the finals if Easley doesn't get hurt. I would have liked to have seen a Cheatham County vs Milan Semifinal in 2012. Milan beat CPA that year but Milan's hard nosed style of play vs that Cheatham team would have made for a great game. Cheatham lost to a very good CPA team with a passing attack the Cubs couldn't match up with in the secondary though and we never got to see that game.

I would have liked to see that game as well. Would have been like two bulldozers going at it.

Cheatham vs Milan in 2012 would have been a really good one to watch. Especially if you are into seeing power and discipline at the highest level you will see in high school ball.

Maybe one day public school football teams will be able to battle it out amongst themselves.