Camden Lions 2015

jlc70

Waverly beat Hickman by 3 touchdowns in regular season but lost to them in 2nd round because they ran the ball down Waverly's throat in that that double wing crap. Waverly is humbled but also more Hungry

I feel your pain. You think they run that double wing ...you should see Huntingdon run it...in 4 years we slowed it down once I think//maybe...nah probably wasn't us .  

Hickman tried it on us after we played Huntingdon  and we thought we were playing Huntingdon  freshman scout team.

I hate that offense so much but give credit where its due  Huntingdon runs it like they been doing it since 2nd grade peewee.  The thing is if you cant stop it you cant score either  because they eat up that clock. Hickman is just going to get better at it.That was the coaches first year and as I understand it he was Swensons (Huntingdons  Coach) OC when they coached together 

Edited by Beagle

Camden is Camden is all I'm going to say.They got 4 running backs returning as starters.Their QB is a Beast.All is good in C town but also heard Brown may have several stars coming this summer!!!!!

shhhh let them all think Deshawns all we got in the RB department... 

Coaching edge goes to Waverly

Camden has wronged this man some how some time. No Matter where its discussed,  districts predictions new  regions,preseason state rankings, if Camdens involved  he has something negative to say and our schools have never played... Funny how continued success breeds haters 

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. If Camden isn't putting the ball in Browns hands 30 or 40 times a game they are insane! Waverly rips spread teams apart. Look at East Hickman & Hickman & Creekwood when they tried to spread the ball and pass. Complete domination. Waverly's Jr QB #16 has greatly improved this spring throwing over 400yds against Stewart and running for close to 100. The upcoming Freshman QB is the real deal. He will be a great QB. Waverly will be a force this season. One thing you said that was correct about the Waverly/Camden game...it will be a different game. Waverly will not allow Camden to fight back in the end and make it a close game. Waverly will EMBARRASS Camden this year in front of their home crowd in the season opener. Many of you laughed last year when I talked big about Waverly...Waverly will continue to rise up.

"look at East Hickman & Hickman & Creekwood when they tried to spread the ball and pass"  

Those are teams that were  bad/borderline good and in Hickmans case not what they did well... Look What happened when Fairveiw did.   Camden will look much more like that offensively than anyone will believe including our own fans. 

If Camden can add at least the threat of a passing attack, Brown will do nothing but benefit. The fact that he did what he did as a junior is pretty impressive in my view. Everybody knew what was coming. You add pass to the equation and he might be a Mr. Football candidate in November.

I'm glad Fairview and Camden play late this season.

Thank you and yes we will be able to pass it wont just be a threat. The up coming Junior Class is all athletes every where you look best class of football players  since 2010 . The QB is one of them. Our biggest  concerns should be addressed early in the season so that match up at the end of the season will be something!

Thank you and yes we will be able to pass it wont just be a threat. The up coming Junior Class is all athletes every where you look best class of football players  since 2010 . The QB is one of them. Our biggest  concerns should be addressed early in the season so that match up at the end of the season will be something!

Yes I believe it will. Glad it's at the 'view! 

Here's to hoping it rains that night. :D   

Yes I believe it will. Glad it's at the 'view! 

Here's to hoping it rains that night.  :D   

Dont why you would want to be wet..Browns a north south guy and the passing game shouldn't be hurt for either team unless its a deluge .  Here is to both teams being as close to 100% as they can be.. Zimmermans senior year should be something special to see.I remember that Big ole FB you guys have too..Ground and pound and then hit em long

We play in the Huntingdon Jamboree every year until 4 years ago when we went to  Henry Countys. then back to Huntingdons uWe don't control who we play in those jamborees though  

We dont shy away from competition if thats what you are getting at we dont need a preseason test from a traditional west Tennessee power! we play 2 of them almost every year in Huntingdon and Martin Westview...only 2 other school better than that in west Tennessee  year in and year out are Henry County and Milan..

We  play a lot of scrimmages and Jv Games  vs Milan, Huntingdon  Westview  Henry county  Humboldt, Jackson Southside & Northside Lewis County every summer until we were in the same district..S.Gibson when they first started out and only had JV then shceduled them to replace David Lipscomb right after they went 10-1  David Lipscomb was on our regular season schedule a few years back because nobody in the west wanted to play us in the regular season...We try to play JV vs anyone in our district all season long if we can plus Milan HC and Huntingdon  I am sure I have forgotten some..We have our old coach at Crockett County we are doing a summer scrimmage  vs this year and we know that he will be up for that as will our coaches

To be perfectly honest if not for Milan Camden  makes it to the state finals in 2009 and 2010...they are the bump in our road 4 times I think in the last 12 years. 

Westview hasn't beaten us since 2010. 

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. If Camden isn't putting the ball in Browns hands 30 or 40 times a game they are insane! Waverly rips spread teams apart. Look at East Hickman & Hickman & Creekwood when they tried to spread the ball and pass. Complete domination. Waverly's Jr QB #16 has greatly improved this spring throwing over 400yds against Stewart and running for close to 100. The upcoming Freshman QB is the real deal. He will be a great QB. Waverly will be a force this season. One thing you said that was correct about the Waverly/Camden game...it will be a different game. Waverly will not allow Camden to fight back in the end and make it a close game. Waverly will EMBARRASS Camden this year in front of their home crowd in the season opener. Many of you laughed last year when I talked big about Waverly...Waverly will continue to rise up.

I know Coach McConnell and have a lot of respect for him. He is running that Tony Franklin system that he learned from Wolf at Brighton which is a very good fit to y'all's  personnel. The negative is it is a finesse style of football and has a trickle down effect on the entire team. I noticed that the teams y'all lost to are physical teams. Even though y'all beat Camden, they still ran for a lot of yards against y'all, they just can't defend the pass. 

I know Coach McConnell and have a lot of respect for him. He is running that Tony Franklin system that he learned from Wolf at Brighton which is a very good fit to y'all's personnel. The negative is it is a finesse style of football and has a trickle down effect on the entire team. I noticed that the teams y'all lost to are physical teams. Even though y'all beat Camden, they still ran for a lot of yards against y'all, they just can't defend the pass.

I know Coach McConnell and have a lot of respect for him. He is running that Tony Franklin system that he learned from Wolf at Brighton which is a very good fit to y'all's personnel. The negative is it is a finesse style of football and has a trickle down effect on the entire team. I noticed that the teams y'all lost to are physical teams. Even though y'all beat Camden, they still ran for a lot of yards against y'all, they just can't defend the pass.

Finesse yes. Its a smooth offense. Good luck stopping it. Lack of physicality? Not sure about that one. Waverly had a very young team last season but I can guarantee teams we played thought we were physical. You want to see physical? Hold your water and see this season. 2 years now of new intense weight training...a more experienced veteran Waverly team...a young fiery coaching staff. Your going to see physical.