AAA Pick em contest

rgiii

I'm not saying they arent great wrestlers. I think it will be a rematch in the finals. I'm saying knox didn't beat landers, the refs did. Let the wrestlers determine whom wins and not be decided on bad calls

Ok here is the think. takedown earned, reversal earned! Knox didn't give up an escape but stalling was called on landers. Knox picks bottom landers get hit for stalling again = 1pt. has to cut him and does. Knox up by 2pts. was the second stalling call BS yes I think so but to try and say that the match was given to Knox or if the scenario was reversed is ridicules.

I agree. Their could even be an argument tht cyree beat fuller last year in the finals that was controversial but that's none of my business or did cyree get injured, I can't remember

Cyree got injured.. They wrestled in the semis and he got hurt but from what i remember Cyree was winning when he got hurt.

Edited by MatWiz

Just something to think about: The state tournament is so much more different than any other tournament the entire season. Some wrestlers wrestle well above what they have been wrestling all year and some wrestle well below it. It happens every year. Last year Fuller preformed out of his shoes and won a title at an extremely tough weight class. Just something to think about. 126 is probably the most wide open weight class (other than 220).

Just something to think about: The state tournament is so much more different than any other tournament the entire season. Some wrestlers wrestle well above what they have been wrestling all year and some wrestle well below it. It happens every year. Last year Fuller preformed out of his shoes and won a title at an extremely tough weight class. Just something to think about. 126 is probably the most wide open weight class (other than 220).

an extremely tough weight class huh? I think you meant to say the top half of this weight was tough. You do remember who he faced in he finals right? Someone who probably shouldn't have even placed. He bottom side was pretty even but none of them could compete with Fuller or Cyree. whoever won the top was gonna have a cake walk in the finals..which fuller did. The best wrestlers on the bottom half were Kyle lee and Jacob McClure. Meeks, butler, Patterson, and Elkins are good wrestlers no doubt.. But they are nowhere near the level of fuller and cyree. And other than lee, cerrito would've dominated the bottom as well. The top have was much tougher.. And the bottom half was up for grabs. The bracket was uneven Edited by Bump11

an extremely tough weight class huh? I think you meant to say the top half of this weight was tough. You do remember who he faced in he finals right? Someone who probably shouldn't have even placed. He bottom side was pretty even but none of them could compete with Fuller or Cyree. whoever won the top was gonna have a cake walk in the finals..which fuller did. The best wrestlers on the bottom half were Kyle lee and Jacob McClure. Meeks, butler, Patterson, and Elkins are good wrestlers no doubt.. But they are nowhere near the level of fuller and cyree. And other than lee, cerrito would've dominated the bottom as well. The top have was much tougher.. And the bottom half was up for grabs. The bracket was uneven

106 is that way this year. You've got TJ Hicks on the top with his best competition being Rogers or Jacob Shelton, and then on the bottom you have 7 of the top 8 or 9 kids in the state. Uneven brackets are a problem. We need a legit seeding of the state tournament so its even

an extremely tough weight class huh? I think you meant to say the top half of this weight was tough. You do remember who he faced in he finals right? Someone who probably shouldn't have even placed. He bottom side was pretty even but none of them could compete with Fuller or Cyree. whoever won the top was gonna have a cake walk in the finals..which fuller did. The best wrestlers on the bottom half were Kyle lee and Jacob McClure. Meeks, butler, Patterson, and Elkins are good wrestlers no doubt.. But they are nowhere near the level of fuller and cyree. And other than lee, cerrito would've dominated the bottom as well. The top have was much tougher.. And the bottom half was up for grabs. The bracket was uneven

Yes, the bottom side was weaker Cyree and Fuller were the best in the weight class, but Lee did come back and get 3rd. I understand Cyree was hurt, but Lee came back and got 3rd it was one of the toughest weight classes.

Yes, the bottom side was weaker Cyree and Fuller were the best in the weight class, but Lee did come back and get 3rd. I understand Cyree was hurt, but Lee came back and got 3rd it was one of the toughest weight classes.

lee domimated McClure and Cerrito and deserved 3rd.. But like I said, when someone makes the finals that probably would have to fight their butts off just to place had it been evened out better.. I'd still just say the top of the bracket was tough. Cyree vs Fuller was the state championship in my book. Nobody from the bottom was gonna compete with them. In order for it to be "one of the toughest" I think kids should be fighting there butts off to place. Cyree and Fuller walked into the semis. And Lee danced into 3rd. McClure is the only one who really had to fight to place

lee domimated McClure and Cerrito and deserved 3rd.. But like I said, when someone makes the finals that probably would have to fight their butts off just to place had it been evened out better.. I'd still just say the top of the bracket was tough. Cyree vs Fuller was the state championship in my book. Nobody from the bottom was gonna compete with them. In order for it to be "one of the toughest" I think kids should be fighting there butts off to place. Cyree and Fuller walked into the semis. And Lee danced into 3rd. McClure is the only one who really had to fight to place

Thats the issue D1 has had since the made the split in the 90's. I dont know if its TSSAA or somebody else but seedings need to be evened out. Cyree and Fuller should have been the finals yes, but dont discredit Lee and Elkins saying the top side of the bracket was so tough when Lee came back to get 3rd. Yes, Cyree should have been in the finals the top side of the bracket had Fuller and Cyree, but the bottom half had Lee and Elkins who would have been 3rd and 4th if the seedings were right.

106 is that way this year. You've got TJ Hicks on the top with his best competition being Rogers or Jacob Shelton, and then on the bottom you have 7 of the top 8 or 9 kids in the state. Uneven brackets are a problem. We need a legit seeding of the state tournament so its even

People can't even get the TSSAA to move the tournament out of the COW PALACE so what makes you feel they would incorporate any type of legitimate seeding for the state tournament?
  • Upvote 1

Thats the issue D1 has had since the made the split in the 90's. I dont know if its TSSAA or somebody else but seedings need to be evened out. Cyree and Fuller should have been the finals yes, but dont discredit Lee and Elkins saying the top side of the bracket was so tough when Lee came back to get 3rd. Yes, Cyree should have been in the finals the top side of the bracket had Fuller and Cyree, but the bottom half had Lee and Elkins who would have been 3rd and 4th if the seedings were right.

i honestly do not believe Elkins would have been 3rd or 4th if it was seeded correctly. Cerrito and McClure and Lee would all be seeded higher.