AAA Pick em contest

rgiii

i honestly do not believe Elkins would have been 3rd or 4th if it was seeded correctly. Cerrito and McClure and Lee would all be seeded higher.

Elkins defeated Lee 6-4 in the semi-finals. Lee came back in the consolations pinning Cerrito so quick you couldnt even have time to pop your popcorn. Lee pinned Cerrito in :50 seconds in the consolation semi-finals and then Mcclure in :44 seconds. So i dont understand how you believe Elkins would not have come back to take 3rd if it were seeded properly. Yes, i agree with you Cyree was the second best in that weight class on that day, but thanks to TSSAA he got 6th. All in all i am excited for the Fuller vs. Cyree semi-finals matchup again. If they can both make it there. Cyree got screwed yet again in the state bracket this year he will have to wrestle possible two state placers to get to Fuller.

Elkins defeated Lee 6-4 in the semi-finals. Lee came back in the consolations pinning Cerrito so quick you couldnt even have time to pop your popcorn. Lee pinned Cerrito in :50 seconds in the consolation semi-finals and then Mcclure in :44 seconds. So i dont understand how you believe Elkins would not have come back to take 3rd if it were seeded properly. Yes, i agree with you Cyree was the second best in that weight class on that day, but thanks to TSSAA he got 6th. All in all i am excited for the Fuller vs. Cyree semi-finals matchup again. If they can both make it there. Cyree got screwed yet again in the state bracket this year he will have to wrestle possible two state placers to get to Fuller.

Doesnt really matter if Cyree is on the side with Fuller or not. "to be the best, you have to beat the best" so, in order to be a state champion he would have to beat fuller in the semis or the finals. If he is the best in that weight class he will have to prove it tomorrow. Not really a difference if he loses tomorrow to Fuller or Saturday to Fuller, the best kid in that weight will be on top of that podium on Saturday night whether he had a "cake walk" to the finals or the toughest route ever. 

Edited by MatWiz
  • Upvote 1

People can't even get the TSSAA to move the tournament out of the COW PALACE so what makes you feel they would incorporate any type of legitimate seeding for the state tournament?

How about instead of tearing down TSSAA wrestling you get behind it and support it. I don't see you personally funding to rent Bridgestone Arena for the state tournament so why tear it down? The moment of winning a state title is an amazing feeling and a huge accomplishment whether it be in a barn or some golden arena fit for "cbg". Either way, that kid is the best in the state and getting on here and complaining about the location is irrelevant.

Edited by MatWiz
  • Upvote 1

People can't even get the TSSAA to move the tournament out of the COW PALACE so what makes you feel they would incorporate any type of legitimate seeding for the state tournament?

That is true. That seeding meeting would be something no one in their right mind would want to be part of. That would take days to do. Medalist first then have common sense with the region champs and runner ups. Because a lot of it is common sense  looking at some brackets. Some weights have 1-2  medalist on one half with 4-6 in another, that is a horrific act on no common sense!

Edited by natureboy130

That is true. That seeding meeting would be something no one in their right mind would want to be part of. That would take days to do. Medalist first then have common sense with the region champs and runner ups. Because a lot of it is common sense looking at some brackets. Some weights have 1-2 medalist on one half with 4-6 in another, that is a horrific act on no common sense!

i agree

Semi Final Predictions:

106-

Hicks over Shelton

Sesnan over Mathews

113-

Navarro over Coggins

Payne over Maxwell

120-

Fuller over Blansit

Roa over Hernandez

126-