Region 1A: Thoughts?

Dawgfan88

Thanks for the update Tootie. HHS vs SG version 4 Monday night! We had better be ready for a battle.

I would rather played Cosby just because it would be someone different. Playing a team 4 times just stinks (unless it was the Cloudland/Hampton games of old).

It's been a while since we had back-to-back bad games, so I'd say the DOGS will be right come Monday night.

I would rather played Cosby just because it would be someone different. Playing a team 4 times just stinks (unless it was the Cloudland/Hampton games of old).

It's been a while since we had back-to-back bad games, so I'd say the DOGS will be right come Monday night.

I agree. There is too much at stake Monday for a bad game to occur. If you can't get up to play for a regional championship game, then you need your blood pressure checked lol. Also, you do not want to have to travel to either Meigs or Grace to try to win a sub-state game. We need the comfort of good ole Vanhuss/White Gymnasium. Playing at home is a HUGE advantage.

I agree. There is too much at stake Monday for a bad game to occur. If you can't get up to play for a regional championship game, then you need your blood pressure checked lol. Also, you do not want to have to travel to either Meigs or Grace to try to win a sub-state game. We need the comfort of good ole Vanhuss/White Gymnasium. Playing at home is a HUGE advantage.

And besides that I don't want to have to drive down that way twice in one week....lol. Let's go Dogs!

Playing at home is a huge advantage for Hampton. We went to meigs last year and I have never been in a atmosphere of high school basketball like that before. Standing room only in a gym almost as big as Hal Hernard in Greeneville. Meigs Co fans started in gym at 3:00 o'clock (after being in line a couple hours) for a 6:00 tip off. Students section would put Grainger Co. to shame. They where nice enough to reserve us a section for maybe 100 people. We put 2 coach buses of fans and all those that drove into it. Once game started fans stood and never sit down.......the whole game. Our players seem to be overwhelmed. Got down 17 to 2. Seemed to be over. Then Daniel Lowery run down Levi Woods in open floor and slapped a lay up attempt off block wall that landed at half court. Here come THE REBELS. Came down to a shot that hit front of rim, clock hit zero, bounce up, came down and rolled off front off rim. We lose by 2. Do believe it would be a bigger disadvantage for Hampton to hit the road then it would be for the Rebels. Hope to beat Hampton to play first ever boys home sub state game. That's what we are playing for. Good luck to both teams after championship game.