Region 1A: Thoughts?

Dawgfan88

If Hampton takes care of business on their end the rest of the way out, they'll more than likely be rewarded with a match up with Union City.

You are correct according to TSSAA website or IF Hampton was to lose in the Regional final and then win on the road in the sub-state (which would be a tall order)  and win the first game in Murfreesboro against probably region 4 winner, then Hampton would be rewarded with Memphis Mitchell in the semi's again. Pick your poison. I believe that Hampton hasn't played Union City since 1960 so that would be interesting.

Getting to the show is step #1...if we win region, we'll play UC...If we lose and win sub state, we'll play Mitchell...Having the chance to play either will be an honor

Not that it matters, but actually if Hampton goes the route of winning sub-state on the road, they'll play the winner of Clay County and Region 3 runner-up.

You wouldn't think with the whole Riverdale/Smryna girls issue, that they would of released the brackets before the tournament like that. Also I prefer the blind draw over this system.

I can understand releasing predetermined brackets for the girls, since they won' be finishing their sub-states till late Monday night, and then state starting 18 hours later. For logistical reasons, every extra hour you have to make arrangments and know when you have to be there helps..

But going ahead and releasing thembfor the boys doesn't nake much since to me. Only going to end up 1 day behind original scheadule.

We seem top have this foregone conclusion that uc is already in the state tourney the still have to win substate and anything can happen on any given night

True...But not feeling pretty certain that UC will be there is about like "waiting to see" if Mitchell makes it LOL

But, you are right, anything can happen...Heck, a fight kept MM's football team from being eligable for FB tournament!

Reckon we can see to that? JUST KIDDING!

I'd say TCA is a dangerous team.My money would be on UC but i wouldn't give many points.

Agreed....UC by 12 though

I can understand releasing predetermined brackets for the girls, since they won' be finishing their sub-states till late Monday night, and then state starting 18 hours later. For logistical reasons, every extra hour you have to make arrangments and know when you have to be there helps..

But going ahead and releasing thembfor the boys doesn't nake much since to me. Only going to end up 1 day behind original scheadule.

My thoughts exactly!