Riverdale throwing game

ecu

I wonder if ANYONE inside the program ever wonders why people dislike them so much. Character goes along way. I see none. Just like the dance video they made that one year. We are too cool for you. I understand that may be all in fun but that is not how people with class and dignity act. I know you say well the HEAT did, but a team with class beat them soundly. 

Oh....the ole "everyone gets a juicepack and cookie after the rec game" mentality.... :rolleyes:  Coach Barrett's main mission is to bring a Gold Ball back to the school.  That is his job.  

Warriorfan if Riverdale is an "elite" program and good enough to win a Gold Ball then why are they dodging anyone?? Why worry about who is in your bracket if you are good enough to win the state? Smyrna is as guilty as Riverdalr but lost respect for Riverdale coach more by his comments in the newspaper. Would have had more respect for him if he would have just told the truth and said we want to be in the opposite bracket as Blackman. Not go on about being a bit out of shape and resting starters and all that BS. Oh yeah, It is laughable for you to bring up Gold ball if you are scared to play a team. Both schools are basically saying we are not good enough to win the state title we just want to get to the state tourney so we can say we were in the final 8. Still have to beat Oakland to even do that. Just know I became a huge Oakland and Backman fan after last night and hope they blow Smyrna and Riverdale out in the Region semis if they get the chance. Sounds like your coach is in the ole "everyone gets a juice pack and cookie after the game" mentality becauses his actions have just said we can't beat Blackman so we just want a way to say we got to play in MTSU and pad my resume. Do all you want to rationalize it but coach to coach, fan or whoever you are it was flat wrong ethically and a disgrace to the game and the schools bottomline. No amount of excuse making will change that.

• Upvote 1

Warriorfan if Riverdale is an "elite" program and good enough to win a Gold Ball then why are they dodging anyone?? Why worry about who is in your bracket if you are good enough to win the state? Smyrna is as guilty as Riverdalr but lost respect for Riverdale coach more by his comments in the newspaper. Would have had more respect for him if he would have just told the truth and said we want to be in the opposite bracket as Blackman. Not go on about being a bit out of shape and resting starters and all that BS. Oh yeah, It is laughable for you to bring up Gold ball if you are scared to play a team. Both schools are basically saying we are not good enough to win the state title we just want to get to the state tourney so we can say we were in the final 8. Still have to beat Oakland to even do that. Just know I became a huge Oakland and Backman fan after last night and hope they blow Smyrna and Riverdale out in the Region semis if they get the chance. Sounds like your coach is in the ole "everyone gets a juice pack and cookie after the game" mentality becauses his actions have just said we can't beat Blackman so we just want a way to say we got to play in MTSU and pad my resume. Do all you want to rationalize it but coach to coach, fan or whoever you are it was flat wrong ethically and a disgrace to the game and the schools bottomline. No amount of excuse making will change that.

Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I respect your opinion and you voicing your opinion, although I do not see it the same way.  I believe if we all saw things in the same light, the world would be a pretty boring place.  If we all had the same opinion.....there would be no need for a forum.

Warriorfan even though I think you're just being contrarian I agree to disagree with you.

I'm curious though how Mr Hayes took the loss? He's allegedly had post game discussions with coaches and parents of other HS and MS teams regarding the loss of one of his daughters games. Lol

All I am doing PlayersCoach is for everyone to see things from different perspectives.  It is not easy to take the unpopular side of a discussion/debate.....especially when folks are storming the castle with fire and pitchforks.  We all have different opinions, and we should respect everyones ability to speak.....even if it isn't what we like to hear.  I, for one, tend to go in the direction I spoke, and am not ashamed.

AH took the loss fine and backs coach.

Edited by WarriorFan

Coach Barrett's job is to be an influence on young girls as they become young women, not to win gold balls. Basketball is just the venue he chooses to do that. If he ever loses focus on that goal, then he should consider a different profession. If a school endorses this type of game, then they need to rethink their mission in athletics.

My fear is that all of the Rutherford County schools need to rethink their mission.

RWho is to quantify if it was a bad choice?  By whose rules was it a bad choice and where does it say in the by-laws that if you chose to lose, it is a bad choice.  We are a country made of laws and rules.  The rule must be written and agreed upon by all members who choose to abide by TSSAA membership for it to be decided there is a rule infraction and there should be a reprimand.  You cannot reprimand/punish someone if they did not break a rule that was agreed upon.  That is overstepping official boundaries and becoming the morals police on issues that no one agreed to in the first place.  You cannot make up rules as you go or hold a coach accountable for rules not even in existence.

Riverdale has a reputation of winning at all cost and this is just the latest example. Goes back to football where the coach couldn't beat Brentwood Academy so he cried until they were moved to private division. Then the girls basketball program was caught cheating or recruiting middle school girls. I guess if you don't get caught it is ok with you too. Shame on Riverdale and the administration for allowing these things to go on. As long as you win there it doesn't matter how you do it.