Region 7A Tourney.

westtnsportsfan

Need to learn to keep attacking on offense. We tried to stall the game with a 19 point lead with 7 minutes left and almost went south. Need to keep attacking until the end. We don't have Butler any more.

True. I think a lot of that still has a little to do with how young we are. They have to learn that no matter what you can't just get lazy and let good teams get momentum. What you think about tonight?

We played well until early in the 4th when we tried to work clock and wasn't attacking. Wilkins put White on the high/FT area all night and we threw over the top of their traps to White and she was making passes to someone attacking rim all night and were shooting layups alot of it. In the 4th we were trying to play keep away and White would get the ball over the top and instead of attacking it was going back up clock to run clock and it almost backfired. Bradford gets a couple of steals and hits a couple of threes and next thing you know you are in a full court press up 12 in panic mode with 4 minutes left. We had a big lead against Greenfield on Sat. and almost lost a big lead. GC played well but they got to learn to finish games and quit trying to run the clock out too early. We are not strong breaking presses. We have to attack on offense.

Edited by pioneer42

Yeah our gameplan was perfect last night.  White is great in the middle of the zone scoring or finding the open player.  I dont think there is any doubt that we are playing our best ball lately minus a few 2-3 lapses when we get big leads.  Fact is...  Bradford and Greenfield are two good teams we have dominated in big games.  Bradford hit a few desperation 25 ft three pointers and made it a little interesting.  But if we can keep it up and fields comes out on a mission every night like she did last night we can make a run  

No doubt we can make a run. Our defense is playing lights out right now. If we can control our TO's to a minimum we will be a tough out. We don't have a good enough point guard to play keep away IMO. When it gets down to a couple of minutes in the 4th I agree to try to run a little clock. But with 6-7 minutes left in the 4th is to much time to be stalling.

Congratulations to the Dresden Lady Lions on a good win last night. Your defense had our Greenfield girls in the panic mold for all the first half, good job of coaching and a great game plan. We had a hard time getting the ball up the floor the first half.

Pioneer 42, Tonight is a must win, you don't want to go to Middleton or Riverside. Riverside could pull the upset tonight, I hope not. It will be tough for our region to advance this year but playing at home will help but it will still be a tough game.

just curious... who is your third? and how do you see GC matching up with crange if it gets there

South Greene. 6 losses all to teams who are still playing, 4 of them AAA.

In my eyes (and this is just my opinion, if I turn out wrong I'll eat crow) Middleton, Perry County and Houston County all have gawdy records, but have played cupcake schedules and WILL loose if they have to play a quality oppenent more than once every 3-4 weeks. Its not their fault they play in weak districts, thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Teams that play in tough disticts like Clarkrange, Pickett, Gibson, South Greene, ect. and are battle tested always get my vote of confidence this time of year.

As for a potential GC-CR match up, thats a crapshoot. I've learned to just stop picking against Clarkrange in the post season, and GC has a very very good team as well.