Did the TSSAA do the right thing in disqualify Riverdale and Smyrna from

lawnman

I know nothing about the teams involved, but did they have any girls headed to play college ball?  How will this effect that.  I know this is done at the hs level, but at the college level it is a lot harder to get away with.  Not sure a college coach would want a player that was part of this, unless they are that talented.  Why didn't the coach just suspend his top 2 or 3 players for rules violations or have one fake an injury.  Well I guess AAU practice gets to start a little earlier for some this year.

I am not disagreeing the the TSSAA created the oppertunity for a priblem, but the fact of the matter is that these coaches created this problem. If the coaches would not have done what they did, this wouldn't be an issue right now.

And to you saying this happens every year, THIS has NEVER happened. Show me another example in the state of TN where players are intentionally trying to score in the other teams basket in a District Consolation game.

I watched a team play JV's most of the game, run the clock with a deficit, and make no attempt to catch up at the end of a 3-4 game just last year. There was no one in the stands who did not know what was happening by the time the game ended. (Well, maybe a couple of mothers)

Lazarus, by you name I assume you are a religious person by your logic then God is to blame for our sins. If he didn't want us to sin then why don't he remove the temptations from around us?? You know better than that!! Temptation is always there it is the individuals choice to decide their path. So don't blame the system blame the ones who chose, by free will to intentionally throw the game.

The TSSAA is not god.

I'm curious if this ever happens in boys' basketball? Does it or is this just an issue on the girls side?

It happens on both sides. Any time there is one exceptionally powerful team in a region, there is every reason to want to avoid facing them in an elimination game, when you could play them instead, in the region finals, and still have a chance to win a substate game. Even if you are sure you have a game plan that could beat them once, why would you want to use it before the state?

Not the final solution but one way to promote "Fairness" is to follow the Georgia model. Crossover Regions rotate each year. 1 vs 4 then 1 vs 3 then 1 vs 2 or in this case 7 vs 8 then 7 vs 9 then 7 vs 10 etc. I know travel and geography come into play but the road for District 8 and Region 3 is the same every year- straight through Rutherford Co. Why not rotate region crossovers each year? Maybe not geographically friendly but imagine if Ridgeway were waiting for the 4 seed from District 7. This would have never happened! The schools in District 8 and Region 3 deserve a break from the machine that is District 7.

I watched a team play JV's most of the game, run the clock with a deficit, and make no attempt to catch up at the end of a 3-4 game just last year. There was no one in the stands who did not know what was happening by the time the game ended. (Well, maybe a couple of mothers)

While that is very bad and should have been adressed by the powers that be, thats not even in the same area code of bad as what happened the other night.

While that is very bad and should have been adressed by the powers that be, thats not even in the same area code of bad as what happened the other night.

So there are degrees of sin, even when it is the same sin?

TSSAA can fix this any time.

If this instance could lead to a change, it would be well worth it.