Melrose awaits Maryville

pitw

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

associated with this scandal; either as a player, coach, parent, school, fan, part of the state, whatever.

It has been further alleged a Bama assistant coach arranged to have someone take Albert's ACT. If so the NCAA will be eating elephant burgers ... and the Tide will be the toasted bun.

Yes, this would be a massive development, as it is simply

big time stupid and unethical. It sure seems -- given that other allegations have rung true -- that something like this had to have also happened, whether Alabama knew about it or not.

'Cause Albert, you may recall, failed to qualify at Memphis, for heaven's sake. Lang got kicked out of coaching completely and the Melrose coach got a three year suspension? Come on. Taking dirty money and "selling" athletes is all the same whether it's for $1,500 or $150k.

Shady stuff, man. Wondering if the TSSAA did any kind of formal investigation for Melrose recruiting violations or questionable eligibilty. I hope the Burros play you guys.

The Garden Plaza is considering adding a Maryville wing to its fine hotel! Powell next and one at a time. I messed up on my last post. What I should have said the State Champ trophy will be relocated east of the boro. In Maryville's, Knox Cent's, Elizabethton's, or Tennessee high's case. Count on it! Maryville 35 Powel 14 Go rebs.

You forgot about Morristown West and Greenville, they will have their two cents in it. Also I used to live in the Garden Plaza...the pool used to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Considering half was inside and half was outside. Is it still beside the...Dairy Queen, I think thats what it was!? I don't remember how long I stayed there, just long enough to find a house. I lived in the Boro for 4 years or so, you're lucky I didn't end up at Riverdale, the luck wouldn't be with Maryville like it is now! haha!

sorry, middle and west tn fans, not to mention a very good morristown west program, maryville will dominate this year and the following three years to come. when it's all said and done they will have won 7 of the last 8 championships in 4a. the ONLY hope for 4a opponents is if maryville moves up to 5a. this is not a prediction, only a fact. :D

The beauty of HS Football is that different styles make for great games. There are several schools in 4A that could win it all on a given night. It would be interesting to the see the wide open speed of Melrose against the power attack of Maryville. It would have really been great to see it in '98 when they both won the state in AAA and AAAA.

I eagerly await the Hillsboro post with the title "Not so fast