UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

I don't know much of anything about either team, but after watching a little game film of both, plus looking over their schedules, I have came to a conclusion on this game. I will say Union City wins by 12. They just looked like the more well rounded, complete team on film.

Not being smart or contrary or anything of the sort, but If you aren't affiliated with either team, how did you get ahold of film of both teams? Just out of curiousity.

Not being smart or contrary or anything of the sort, but If you aren't affiliated with either team, how did you get ahold of film of both teams? Just out of curiousity.

If there is a will, there is a way. You just got to know one right person, and ask nicely. It's not that hard to get a hold of a password to log in and watch it online.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

We know you are on a mission. We know you will play hard. We know you are healthy. We know your team knows what championship teams need to achieve. You really don't have to try to convince us of your superiority. WE KNOW.

You mentioned the 1960 championship and I am sure you know this but just in case.... Union City was undefeated that year heading into the state championship game ( I believe they came in at 34 and 0)  Nobody gave Hampton a chance besides the Hampton fans. The Nashville headlines read after the game that " ONION CITY IS GOING TO CRY TONIGHT" Miracles do happen in high school basketball.  

I have a video on Buck Vanhuss who was the coach of the 1960 team. Willie Malone, an all-state player from that team was interviewed and he said when Cotton Nave was on the free throw line and it was certain that Hampton was going to win that Union City's star player ( I believe his name was Jim Ed Miller, he went on to star at Vanderbilt) told Willie...... "Willie, I can't believe that your team is beating us"  Willie replied,.." I can't believe we are either" LOL  

Hampton just showed up then and let their game do their talking.  You may get revenge for that banner, but we will always be known for that state championship.

Know all that....This aint 1960...

2011..LoL...Anyway

You don't have to worry about our players and coaches...I imagine they will have our team thinking Hampton is s good or better than Kentucky...

All those other teams said the same thing...Heck, even Cosby, who had a losing record or close to it had me thinking they may even hang... B) 

And if you can't post without making personal attacks then maybe you need to go to Topix and play...

Your issue pal, is you have no respect for anyone...That WILL come back to bite you one day...Ever heard the ole saying, "respect all, fear none"?

The "great" teams may whip everyone they face, but they (and fans) show respect before the game and afterwards.

You are stating NOTHING we don't hear every year we make it to the glass house.

I have seen more film on you all the last couple days then you have seen on us....I have a very good idea which games you have seen also.

As for the comments and stats about our game with Mitchell, what was he trying to say? Mitchell let up? We know by their game with Meigs that wouldn't be the case. So I'm not sure what his point is unless its the fact we don't lay down!

As for your last comment, I'm sure, by your many personal attacks on this thread, you are very familiar with Topix. We're sure you are well known there too. And I've been playing right here for years and will continue to do so...So, give your ultimatums to another.

Oh yea, I never attacked you anyways....I tagged you with certain fitting names...ex. Ignorance, means one is unlearned, foolish, without knowledge...Fits you well thus far....It's better to be quiet and be thot a fool than to open your mouth (or type) and remove all doubt :D

For the rest of the posters that reply to this nut, GCAPride stated it best.......P&G---------->Brick Wall

Men, I'm heading to the boro in a few day to watch some great basketball and have a blast while there...I'm not going with a shirt on that says my team has the superior players of the state nor am I going to see my team "prove" anything to anyone...I'm going to watch a bunch of well mannered, mountain boys play basketball...And when it's finished, we shall begin to get ready for a lil FOOOOOTBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Edited by uknoit2

Your issue pal, is you have no respect for anyone...That WILL come back to bite you one day...Ever heard the ole saying, "respect all, fear none"?

The "great" teams may whip everyone they face, but they (and fans) show respect before the game and afterwards.

You are stating NOTHING we don't hear every year we make it to the glass house.

I have seen more film on you all the last couple days then you have seen on us....I have a very good idea which games you have seen also.

As for the comments and stats about our game with Mitchell, what was he trying to say? Mitchell let up? We know by their game with Meigs that wouldn't be the case. So I'm not sure what his point is unless its the fact we don't lay down!

As for your last comment, I'm sure, by your many personal attacks on this thread, you are very familiar with Topix. We're sure you are well known there too. And I've been playing right here for years and will continue to do so...So, give your ultimatums to another.

Oh yea, I never attacked you anyways....I tagged you with certain fitting names...ex. Ignorance, means one is unlearned, foolish, without knowledge...Fits you well thus far....It's better to be quiet and be thot a fool than to open your mouth (or type) and remove all doubt :D

For the rest of the posters that reply to this nut, GCAPride stated it best.......P&G---------->Brick Wall

Men, I'm heading to the boro in a few day to watch some great basketball and have a blast while there...I'm not going with a shirt on that says my team has the superior players of the state nor am I going to see my team "prove" anything to anyone...I'm going to watch a bunch of well mannered, mountain boys play basketball...And when it's finished, we shall begin to get ready for a lil FOOOOOTBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

One...I'm not your "pal"...

Two...This a fan board...It's not life...I don't play, I don't coach and neither do you...I don't HAVE to respect others on these fan boards...I've been around long enough to know most of the posters on these threads are just blowing a bunch of smoke anyway...When I played sports, I respected every opponent...In my job, I respect my co-workers and those I do business with...I respect my parents and appreciate the fact they raised me not to call other folks "ignorant."

Three...You are confusing me with another poster...I haven't posted anything about Mitchell stats, letting up or whatever else you mentioned...

Four...I haven't personally attacked anyone in this thread...I knew the "cry wolf" comment would touch a nerve but good grief...Maybe some skin needs to get thicker for some to post on here...

Five...Nobody cares what you are going to wear to Murfreesboro...

Finally...I like Hampton's gym...It's got an Obion Central "The Pit" look to it...All except that huge banner of course...

One...I'm not your "pal"...

Two...This a fan board...It's not life...I don't play, I don't coach and neither do you...I don't HAVE to respect others on these fan boards...I've been around long enough to know most of the posters on these threads are just blowing a bunch of smoke anyway...When I played sports, I respected every opponent...In my job, I respect my co-workers and those I do business with...I respect my parents and appreciate the fact they raised me not to call other folks "ignorant."

Three...You are confusing me with another poster...I haven't posted anything about Mitchell stats, letting up or whatever else you mentioned...

Four...I haven't personally attacked anyone in this thread...I knew the "cry wolf" comment would touch a nerve but good grief...Maybe some skin needs to get thicker for some to post on here...

Five...Nobody cares what you are going to wear to Murfreesboro...

Finally...I like Hampton's gym...It's got an Obion Central "The Pit" look to it...All except that huge banner of course...

:( You're not my pal?

Hey I've been around these boards for some time too...Appears some's skin is thin for sure! Just look at notes 1 thru 6 for proof.

And don't act so darn innocent about your posts! Your disrespect is toward players and coaches...And now towards my poor mother and father for not raising me as well as your's did you :rolleyes: ....The fact is, nobody really cares, but what else are we gonna do until March 12th to kill time? I mean, if you and I were not trading posts, what would be going on on this board? NOTHING!

Seven...You don't know if I coach or not!

Eight....I have always been and will always be "class" on these boards

Nine....Nobody cares if you like Hampton's gym! (could not resist)...Although it is one of those 1950's gyms that I wish all HS gyms were like today!

Ten...This is getting very elementary

:( You're not my pal?

Hey I've been around these boards for some time too...Appears some's skin is thin for sure! Just look at notes 1 thru 6 for proof.

And don't act so darn innocent about your posts! Your disrespect is toward players and coaches...And now towards my poor mother and father for not raising me as well as your's did you :rolleyes: ....The fact is, nobody really cares, but what else are we gonna do until March 12th to kill time? I mean, if you and I were not trading posts, what would be going on on this board? NOTHING!

Seven...You don't know if I coach or not!

Eight....I have always been and will always be "class" on these boards

Nine....Nobody cares if you like Hampton's gym! (could not resist)...Although it is one of those 1950's gyms that I wish all HS gyms were like today!

Ten...This is getting very elementary

11. Don't worry about the mule,just load the wagon