Maryville/Blackman State Quarters

SweetScience

If Maryville handles the pressure and blocks out they will win. I have seen Blackmon play a few times and they win on hustle and effort mostly and score a lot off turnovers. Ball handling and passing will be critical. Maryville has great shooters on any given night but they are going to have to do it with someone in their face, full court. That will be the deciding factor. Maryville hasn't face the kind of pressure that Blackmon will bring this year but I still think they can beat them. If they match the intensity.

If Maryville handles the pressure and blocks out they will win. I have seen Blackmon play a few times and they win on hustle and effort mostly and score a lot off turnovers. Ball handling and passing will be critical. Maryville has great shooters on any given night but they are going to have to do it with someone in their face, full court. That will be the deciding factor. Maryville hasn't face the kind of pressure that Blackmon will bring this year but I still think they can beat them. If they match the intensity.

You hit the hammer on the nail, MattJ. We went tooth and nail with Blackman in the state finals last year, but the deciding overall factor was during the 4th QTR when they got down by about 10 to us and decided to amp up the full court pressure. In the end we couldn't handle it and fell apart, albeit with a Sophomore at the point position last year (Gee). If Maryville can withstand that pressure, which isn't easy by any means they will have a shot. They will definitely be outgunned in the athletic department as a whole, but they were against us too but overcame it by playing great fundamental basketball with limited turnovers. That will be the deciding factor in this game.

Edited by SweetScience

I went to my first game of the year last night and watched the Blackman boys play. I can tell you they do a fantastic job cycling players in and out. They keep there players fresh and they are super aggressive on the boards. They are also pretty stout down low. They are not a big team but they are fundamentally strong. Really good ball control and not easily hurried. Hart,(PG) and Dewitt(post) are the motor for the team.  Wilson can get and has been hot from 3 point land. Should be a good game. 

This Blackman team is not a talented as the past three years, but they play to their potential night in and night out. They are not tall at all, but they will play defense for 4 quarters. And they will work as long as it takes on offense to get a high percentage/open shot. I've enjoyed watching them play this year.

This Blackman team is not a talented as the past three years, but they play to their potential night in and night out. They are not tall at all, but they will play defense for 4 quarters. And they will work as long as it takes on offense to get a high percentage/open shot. I've enjoyed watching them play this year.

It may be true that this years squad isn't as good as their 3 previous teams, but they're still good enough to win a gold ball. They are arguably the favorites to win it all too.