Clarkrange vs Middleton for the Gold Ball

UCSportsFan

Ok lets get it out there.  Who you got and why?   Here's my two cents worth and i'm pretty sure its not worth that much haha

For Middleton to win this game they will have to turn Clarkrange over with the press and maximize their possessions.  They need to make this game and up and down contest.  If they get into a halfcourt game its over early.

For Clarkrange to win they will need to handle the pressure defense of Middleton and get the ball down low to their bigs and make Middleton pay for pressing.  

My prediction is Clarkrange 64 Middleton 45

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the game that Middleton misses Faulkner most...not just a quality team, but lots of size in the post. They have answered every challenge, and pulled together as a team like champions do. All the what if's, and's, but's & or's aside...Middleton is athletic, puts pressure on the opposing offenses and defenses, and they haven't found the panic button all season...C'range is big, well coached, and shoots well when set. I'm sure that panic isn't in their vocabulary either. Looks like a matchup game to me, and a contest of wills. If C'range can keep the game methodical, be patient with the offense, and run only when it benefits them, they may win by double digits...if Middleton can accelerate the speed of the game, defend the entry pass to the post, and make the shots that they have made all season, they could also win by ten or more. Two very different, but very good teams...may the best man, errr...ladies win!

Because Clarkrange defeated OS convincingly and Middleton only survived SG, I have to say Clarkrange. OS is really the only team I have been able to use to see how good the other side of the bracket is. OS defeated Hampton in OT by 2 at the sectionals. SG was the one who defeated Hampton in the Regionals to send them to OS and had defeated Hampton 3 times this season. That's the only comparison I have.

It'll be interesting... Is Clarkrange conditioned enough to run with Middleton. At times, Clarkrange has looked out of shape this week. The other question is will Middleton be able to handle Meadows on the inside. It's a battle of two styles of play... Whoever instills their tempo to the game will take it.

It'll be interesting... Is Clarkrange conditioned enough to run with Middleton. At times, Clarkrange has looked out of shape this week. The other question is will Middleton be able to handle Meadows on the inside. It's a battle of two styles of play... Whoever instills their tempo to the game will take it.

I think CRange will be able to slow it down.

This may be the game that Middleton misses Faulkner most...not just a quality team, but lots of size in the post. They have answered every challenge, and pulled together as a team like champions do. All the what if's, and's, but's & or's aside...Middleton is athletic, puts pressure on the opposing offenses and defenses, and they haven't found the panic button all season...C'range is big, well coached, and shoots well when set. I'm sure that panic isn't in their vocabulary either. Looks like a matchup game to me, and a contest of wills. If C'range can keep the game methodical, be patient with the offense, and run only when it benefits them, they may win by double digits...if Middleton can accelerate the speed of the game, defend the entry pass to the post, and make the shots that they have made all season, they could also win by ten or more. Two very different, but very good teams...may the best man, errr...ladies win!

Great analogy and i think you're spot on!