Girls Basketball Coaching vacancies

Fact of the matter is a lot of people are commenting on something that they really don't know the entire truth about! Yes you may hear bits and pieces, but not all of the facts!  AAU/Exposure is not just here in Murfreesboro!  Go to a tournament and you'll see well over 400 teams playing, from across the USA, therefore it must be others that feel this is a benefit.

My daughter did play for the program that you guys are trying to dog out and we went to them, they did not come to us, but I'm smart enough to know where I felt she would get the best training(IMO), of course there are several alternatives, but this is the one we chose, so you can't hide behind a computer and be negative on decisions that others make!  IMO it was a great decision, my wife and I are not having to pay college tuition.  Yes, she has some ability, but the training and coaching she rec'd pushed her to the next level.

As for me, I'm thankful for the program and the coaches and in turn will give my time to help other families reach there goals.  Bottom line is you can't believe everything you hear.

Trust me when I say this. I know. I know first hand, I've experienced it. Good for you that you had a great experience. I can tell you that you don't have to use this shady organization for your child to get a scholarship. I know tons of players that have gotten scholarships just on their hs playing alone. I also know parents who thought their daughter had to go D1 and chose terrible D1 programs over lower level great programs. Not really sure if that is about the child or the parent? You tell me?

I will say this in closing. Im sure many players have been helped by your program and I guess you have as well. I'm saying that you don't need it. There are some good character coaches, AAU programs & high school programs that are not in it for the money or the recruitment to their HS teams.

In the end the most important thing is the life lessons! I know the system inside and out! I'm not hiding behind a computer but just stating facts. I want to give a shout out to those coaches that are doing it the right way.

I know what I would want my daughter experiencing!

Trust me when I say this. I know. I know first hand, I've experienced it. Good for you that you had a great experience. I can tell you that you don't have to use this shady organization for your child to get a scholarship. I know tons of players that have gotten scholarships just on their hs playing alone. I also know parents who thought their daughter had to go D1 and chose terrible D1 programs over lower level great programs. Not really sure if that is about the child or the parent? You tell me?

I will say this in closing. Im sure many players have been helped by your program and I guess you have as well. I'm saying that you don't need it. There are some good character coaches, AAU programs & high school programs that are not in it for the money or the recruitment to their HS teams.

In the end the most important thing is the life lessons! I know the system inside and out! I'm not hiding behind a computer but just stating facts. I want to give a shout out to those coaches that are doing it the right way.

What is so Shady about an organization that allows kids freshman and up to participate for free? What is so shady about a person that has the ability to make kids better and have them prepared to play as freshman when they enter college? What is so shady about a coach that walks into a game high school or college, sits by himself and children and parents come to sit and talk to him. Do you even know these people whose character you question. What crimes have he or they committed against humanity? You take the stories of a few disgruntled parents over the many who are satisfied.

In a past post you said you got your daughter out of Riverdale's program bc you didn't like what was going on...what exactly was going on?  Did she not get playing time?  just interested if your daughter just quit playing high school basketball or if you transferred her.  

Cory Barrett is still a great coach.  He will land on his feet and do fine.  

"Be careful how you judge people. You don't sum up a man's life in one moment." Al Pacino (in "City Hall")

Edited by WarriorFan

What is so Shady about an organization that allows kids freshman and up to participate for free? What is so shady about a person that has the ability to make kids better and have them prepared to play as freshman when they enter college? What is so shady about a coach that walks into a game high school or college, sits by himself and children and parents come to sit and talk to him. Do you even know these people whose character you question. What crimes have he or they committed against humanity? You take the stories of a few disgruntled parents over the many who are satisfied.

It's shady when they are playing for free on somebody else's dime! Don't get me wrong, I understand players wanting to get better and I'm sure these coaches are helping them. The problem is when these so called clubs etc. hitch their wagon to a particular school. For what reason? To give them a facility to practice, to do lessons, and to recruit for that particular school (coach). Think about the two last schools that they were associated with? Just so happens they got kicked out of tourament. Ironic, uh!

You can go ahead and try to justify there actions by saying they are helping kids etc. , but bottom line is they are shady and have an agenda.

I quess you could say that Syracuse didn't commit any crimes against society. They helped kids get an education or get players to nba etc. have you ever thought about who gets hurt in that similar situation. What about other college coaches who may lose their job because they didn't win enough? They lost games to them or lost out on players to them! Because this university was cheating! Go ahead and say that these other schools need to work harder! Come on man! Wrong is wrong! As the saying goes, " those who follow the speed limit are the ones that arrive last ". Some are benefiting, some are losing out. If it was legal then no argument, but it's not! This organization could do things legal and create a positive culture and could benefit an entire community. But, they choose not to.

In a past post you said you got your daughter out of Riverdale's program bc you didn't like what was going on...what exactly was going on?  Did she not get playing time?  just interested if your daughter just quit playing high school basketball or if you transferred her.  

Cory Barrett is still a great coach.  He will land on his feet and do fine.  

"Be careful how you judge people. You don't sum up a man's life in one moment." Al Pacino (in "City Hall")

I actually think Cory is a pretty good guy. The problem is what he got himself caught up in. If I were coaching I don't think winning would be my sole ambition and I certainly would not put it in front integrity, character, sportsmanship etc. I would never recruit players. I would rather lose with integrity then when win with out of zone players, etc. I would want to sleep at night.

I can also say, that whoever riverdale hires they will hitch their wagon to the same mule! You will never be able to justify it to me.

To answer your question. She played for flight and I know what goes on!

I actually think Cory is a pretty good guy. The problem is what he got himself caught up in. If I were coaching I don't think winning would be my sole ambition and I certainly would not put it in front integrity, character, sportsmanship etc. I would never recruit players. I would rather lose with integrity then when win with out of zone players, etc. I would want to sleep at night.

I can also say, that whoever riverdale hires they will hitch their wagon to the same mule! You will never be able to justify it to me.

To answer your question. She played for flight and I know what goes on!

I am spilling this so u understand how it works at Riverdale. It would be safe to say I am probably the most experienced on this board to discuss the program. It is painful when folks make assumptions and think kids are recruited bc they arent. My kid played Flight Silver (highest team on Flight) last year AND played at Riverdale. She also is committed on full scholarship to play ball in college when she graduates next year in 2016. She has been on the Bolus list since a freshman...Riverdale wasnt in the picture at the time, so it isnt bc of Riverdale. She has started 65 games in her high school career including 35 games at Riverdale (only player on the team to start every game this season and started several games last season as a soph). She is definitely not a superstar....just a role player and consistent 10 ppg scorer. Although she was All-District as a freshman, I can assure you that my kid was never "recruited" to Riverdale. Other kids there were not "recruited" either. I personally sought out Riverdale. If you ask if we moved for our kid, the answer is yes. We wanted her to have a unique HS experience that few get to have. The coaches are second to none. She has traveled as far as Hawaii bc the program carries that much clout that tournaments ask them to come. How did they get to Hawaii??? Lots of door to door sales and canvasing for business sponsorships by the girls and parents. The program has no money or booster club, so kids and parents work hard getting funds together. Getting our kid to Riverdale was a sacrifice. When we made the decision to move in to the school zone, Cory wouldn't even return my calls because he was very receptive that the program is always under scrutiny because of their success. At the time she played for Memphis Elite Holmes (yes...we drove to Jackson and Memphis for practice...it is what you do for your kid), so we had no "inside connections" to anyone. I had to go through the front office and register just like every other parent. We physically moved here after her freshman year in WILCO.

Is Flight frustrating for parents in the program if your kid isnt a top player? Yes...definitely. My kid rarely started and definitely didn't play as much as I would have liked bc quite frankly, there are lots of good players that make up that team from many areas. She was many times one of the last off the bench. I had to deal with it as a parent and it was painful, but in the end, it made my kid a stronger person mentally (which I wanted more than anything as a parent to let her see what adversity feels like), and improved her game in high school. It would have been easy to quit or tell them off, but the lesson in playing thru adversity was the best lesson that could have ever happened for my daughter, and for us as parents in learning about humility and never quitting. My kid rarely trains with Flight folks, and it isn't a requirement to play for Riverdale to play on Flight....until Christmas, 3 of 5 starters did not play for Flight at any level and there was never an "all flight" starting lineup all season. The coaches do their best with the kids to help them.

There are so many assumptions made BC Riverdale is good. Most assumptions are false if you really know the program.

Just as I used to tell folks that accused Brentwood Academy of recruiting...prove it. Have the person step forward and personally say they were recruited to the principal, the superintendent and the TSSAA. If they wont come forward or you cannot provide a name nor can you prove kids are recruited.....then it is a dead point. It then becomes hearsay.

Edited by WarriorFan

I am spilling this so u understand how this works. It is painful when folks make assumptions and think kids are recruited bc they r good. Kids arent. My kid played Flight Silver last year and played at Riverdale. She also is committed to play ball in college when she graduates in 2016. She has been on the Bolus list since a freshman...Riverdale wasnt in the picture at the time so it isnt bc of Riverdale. She has started 65 games in her high school career including 35 games at Riverdale. She is not a superstar....just a consistent 10 ppg scorer. Although she was All-District as a freshman, I can assure you that my kid was never "recruited" to Riverdale. Other kids there were not "recruited" either. I sought out Riverdale. If you asked if I moved for my kid, the answer is yes. I wanted her to have a unique HS experience that few get to have. It was a sacrifice. When we made the decision to move, Cory wouldn't even return my call because he was very receptive that the program is under scrutiny. I had to go through the front office and register just like every other parent. We physically moved here after her freshman year in WILCO.

Is Flight frustrating for parents in the program? Yes. My kid rarely started and definitely didn't play as much as I would have liked bc quite frankly, there are lots of good players that make up that team from many schools. I had to deal with it as a parent, but in the end, it made my kid a stronger person mentally, and improved her game in high school. My kid rarely trains with Flight folks, and it isn't a requirement to play for Riverdale to play on Flight. The men do their best with the kids to help them.

Good for you and I hope the best for you guys.

Didn't say they all were recruited but know for a fact who was. Funny you say they were under scrutiny! Wonder why? Trust me! The throw the game incident wasn't the whole reason for the

dismissal..and it was a dismissal! I would defend it too if my daughter was there.

I can say that any coach or parent that could sit and watch the Riv/Smy game and think that was ok, I seriously question their ethics! I hope that incident also made her stronger mentally.

I sure you did what you think was best for your daughter and hopefully all will work out.

My point is that some people need to put it all in perspective. What's really important? You do realize this is the second major violation by Riverdale girls bball in the last few years? Everyone wants to gravitate to a winning program! Remember that sometimes there is a reason why some programs are winning! Good luck!