Girls Basketball Coaching vacancies

You guys can defend who you would like, that is fine and I dont care. What my point is, is that it is very funny that these girls/families always seem to find their way into an area that Insell is working in. I have been around AAU before and those kids didnt play for coaches that had ties to a high school(s). They did travel from all around, not a big deal either. What is a big deal is the ones that play for these AAU teams in the Boro some how end up moving there. The AAU programs I have been around before didnt have kids move like these do. And its not just from out of state kids, as has been mentioned on here, 2 left LaVergne for Stewarts Creek. Why? Could they not have gotten playing time and recognition where they were? The 3 that transfered into Oakland this year, if they were that good, why didnt they stay where they were and be the best there. They would have still gotten college looks. These Boro area schools are not the only ones that develop players and get kids scholarship opportunities, and yet for some reason they keep getting kids to move in. Call it what you want to, but it is no different than what Insell had people doing for him at Shelbyville and now for all of these schools in the Boro... RECRUIT!

You guys can defend who you would like, that is fine and I dont care. What my point is, is that it is very funny that these girls/families always seem to find their way into an area that Insell is working in. I have been around AAU before and those kids didnt play for coaches that had ties to a high school(s). They did travel from all around, not a big deal either. What is a big deal is the ones that play for these AAU teams in the Boro some how end up moving there. The AAU programs I have been around before didnt have kids move like these do. And its not just from out of state kids, as has been mentioned on here, 2 left LaVergne for Stewarts Creek. Why? Could they not have gotten playing time and recognition where they were? The 3 that transfered into Oakland this year, if they were that good, why didnt they stay where they were and be the best there. They would have still gotten college looks. These Boro area schools are not the only ones that develop players and get kids scholarship opportunities, and yet for some reason they keep getting kids to move in. Call it what you want to, but it is no different than what Insell had people doing for him at Shelbyville and now for all of these schools in the Boro... RECRUIT!

Do kids not have families who transfer from Davidson Co to Williamaon Co and vice versa all the time? People focus on the Boro BC of the athletes. There are athletes here in all sports...not just girls bball. It is a college town with a conference USA team. Kids love sports here. Kids move around in other counties all the time. Folks just hate the boro BC they are winners. Edited by WarriorFan

Well said, it is ironic this has happened, glad you noticed that too!

You guys can defend who you would like, that is fine and I dont care. What my point is, is that it is very funny that these girls/families always seem to find their way into an area that Insell is working in. I have been around AAU before and those kids didnt play for coaches that had ties to a high school(s). They did travel from all around, not a big deal either. What is a big deal is the ones that play for these AAU teams in the Boro some how end up moving there. The AAU programs I have been around before didnt have kids move like these do. And its not just from out of state kids, as has been mentioned on here, 2 left LaVergne for Stewarts Creek. Why? Could they not have gotten playing time and recognition where they were? The 3 that transfered into Oakland this year, if they were that good, why didnt they stay where they were and be the best there. They would have still gotten college looks. These Boro area schools are not the only ones that develop players and get kids scholarship opportunities, and yet for some reason they keep getting kids to move in. Call it what you want to, but it is no different than what Insell had people doing for him at Shelbyville and now for all of these schools in the Boro... REC

Edited by mboro

I don't know who will get the job. They have decent middle school talent coming in and had the program on the right track. Must be something in the water over there. Sportslover if you don't mind could I get your E-mail I would like to ask you a couple of questions on your last coaching search?

I don't know who will get the job. They have decent middle school talent coming in and had the program on the right track. Must be something in the water over there. Sportslover if you don't mind could I get your E-mail I would like to ask you a couple of questions on your last coaching search?

Yes they did have the program on the right track. Feel sorry for those girls!

I don't give out my personal email. I'm sorry. However, I haven't done any coaching searches so not sure I am who you think I am

That's no problem. You or another Martin fan had mentioned a candidate on here that you thought would be a great hire for you guys last year when your job come open. I won't go into detail about it on here though, but I thought it would be a great hire as well but you guys found an even better hire looks like.

That's no problem. You or another Martin fan had mentioned a candidate on here that you thought would be a great hire for you guys last year when your job come open. I won't go into detail about it on here though, but I thought it would be a great hire as well but you guys found an even better hire looks like.

Oh ok. If it was me, I don't remember who I said. Care to say the name? Yes, we have been very pleased with Haskins. He has brought this young team to a state tournament caliber team way quicker than expected!