Girls Basketball Coaching vacancies

Yes they are, right now up there it is all about "W"s and nothing else. One of those AAU programs FLEW in 4 5th grade girls this past weekend for a tournament in Tullahoma. Really? Guarantee that the little general at MTSU had something to do with those girls being invited to play with that team. Until some of that crap is stopped, the culture in girls basketball in the Boro will not change anytime soon. 

Those 3 kids played on a AAU team out of Knoxville last year.  The parents just happened to like what they saw and approached the coaches! The parents said they liked the program, coaches and development of the kids. This all happened at the aau nationals in Orlando.  They drive here to practice, train and play (all by choice)(did not fly!). Last yr they traveled 7 hrs to play, this yr is 4 hrs!  Also many schools have transfers, so you should get all facts before going on hate trip without all the information.  Parents have the right to put their children in the best situation if they choose to do so. EVERY school in Rutherford county at one point or another as reaped the benefit of our organization and our head trainer!  Class of 2014 had over 20 girls from the team get college scholarships. So as a parent, if your kid plays and wants to get better and also play at the next level, you do what's needed to make it happen!  If that's training, traveling or whatever, then so be it!    Oakland made it to state with the addition of 3 transfers this yr, so it is what it is! Now the Smyrna/Riverdale game, it was a bad decision by both coaches and they are paying for the decision that was made.

Edited by mboro

Those 3 kids played on a AAU team out of Knoxville last year.  The parents just happened to like what they saw and approached the coaches! The parents said they liked the program, coaches and development of the kids. This all happened at the aau nationals in Orlando.  They drive here to practice, train and play (all by choice)(did not fly!). Last yr they traveled 7 hrs to play, this yr is 4 hrs!  Also many schools have transfers, so you should get all facts before going on hate trip without all the information.  Parents have the right to put their children in the best situation if they choose to do so. EVERY school in Rutherford county at one point or another as reaped the benefit of our organization and our head trainer!  Class of 2014 had over 20 girls from the team get college scholarships. So as a parent, if your kid plays and wants to get better and also play at the next level, you do what's needed to make it happen!  If that's training, traveling or whatever, then so be it!    Oakland made it to state with the addition of 3 transfers this yr, so it is what it is! Now the Smyrna/Riverdale game, it was a bad decision by both coaches and they are paying for the decision that was made.

And all of this that you have said maybe true, but the "transfers" that you mentioned dont end up in the Boro by accident. You know it is funny that since he left Shelbyville and his kids graduated out from that program, its been a little rough go for them. I wonder why? As far as the kids driving in for practice, training, etc..., you need to make sure and tell your parents and kids that are also on that team not to talk about how they have never seen those kids before until they show up and start. I am not saying that you are lying, but it just seems fishy when that is what you hear from folks that live up in the Boro area and are at the practices, training, etc... All I am saying is get all of your ducks in a row where they all say the same song and dance so then no one will think that it just seems a little funny that those kids are playing in the Boro and with one of the teams that he has his hands on. It would be funny if the TSSAA investigated and where it might lead them as why those kids happen to show up at a school in that area, and I am not meaning Eagleville either. The sad thing is that there is enough talent in that area that they could be just as good if they didnt have the AAU pipeline funneling them in left and right. 

Doubt it. But it did sound that they admitted that Oakland was this year. It doesnt look at though Siegel's girls are either. But who knows. I dont want to point fingers at anyone, but when people talk about these "transfers" and all this other stuff, it is funny where it originates from and who is a driving force behind that. It always seems to go back to the same person(s). 

Two things for parents to think about.

One is, don't think that one particular AAU program is your only ticket. You need to think about the character of some of those coaches. Only accepting cash for lessons, keeping players on team that aren't good enough just to keep getting that money that not only pads their pockets but also supports some players that don't pay anything.

Also, keep in mind, why would a high school coach spend his only time off coaching other hs players. Why would they do that? One reason and one reason only. To try and build relationships with these kids and recruit them. Doesn't make sense to help get players from other schools better just for the heck of it. Come on man! Also, parents do you enjoy having your kids play all spring only to get them bumped by another player that the coach decides to pick up in the summer. No loyalty in this.

AAU basketball is so corrupt its astonishing!

Two, who do you want your kiids to play for in high school. Coaches that do it the right way or the corrupt way. Think about this. If a coach tries to recruit your child in any way is corrupt! You may love the fact and relish in the fact that someone is wanting your kid. I'm sure it feels good and parents just laugh and think this is perfectly ok. But stop and think about it! It's illegal and the coach knows it's illegal but they will do anything to win. Of course coaches want good players, but you may want to consider the ones who do it the right way. If you want your daughter spending 4 years of her life in that type of culture then go for it. Trust me, if they illegally recruit them they will do almost anything to win. Ask the riverdale/Smyrna parents, I'm sure they enjoyed getting kicked out of tournament. Just stop and think about that! They got kicked out of a tournament! Was it worth it?? Sports are about competition, fair play and also many important life lessons. Is this being taught? Many of these kids at these two schools arrived via recruitment., and wonder what they think now. Guarantee they would try to justify it!

Throwing a game is not a lapse of judgement but a calculated way to win at all cost. Something like that just doesn't come out of nowhere. Recruiting, throwing games, out of zone players, etc. it is what it is. I'm not bashing parents but just wondering if they really have thought about what's really important. After all, it's just a game!

I have no dog in this hunt and have no ill will toward any school. However, I do know there are a lot of programs doing things the right way and many the wrong way. Tssaa cant police all the illegal activity but parents can by making wise choices.

Good luck with your child's Future life lessons!

Two things for parents to think about.

One is, don't think that one particular AAU program is your only ticket. You need to think about the character of some of those coaches. Only accepting cash for lessons, keeping players on team that aren't good enough just to keep getting that money that not only pads their pockets but also supports some players that don't pay anything.

Also, keep in mind, why would a high school coach spend his only time off coaching other hs players. Why would they do that? One reason and one reason only. To try and build relationships with these kids and recruit them. Doesn't make sense to help get players from other schools better just for the heck of it. Come on man! Also, parents do you enjoy having your kids play all spring only to get them bumped by another player that the coach decides to pick up in the summer. No loyalty in this.

AAU basketball is so corrupt its astonishing!

Two, who do you want your kiids to play for in high school. Coaches that do it the right way or the corrupt way. Think about this. If a coach tries to recruit your child in any way is corrupt! You may love the fact and relish in the fact that someone is wanting your kid. I'm sure it feels good and parents just laugh and think this is perfectly ok. But stop and think about it! It's illegal and the coach knows it's illegal but they will do anything to win. Of course coaches want good players, but you may want to consider the ones who do it the right way. If you want your daughter spending 4 years of her life in that type of culture then go for it. Trust me, if they illegally recruit them they will do almost anything to win. Ask the riverdale/Smyrna parents, I'm sure they enjoyed getting kicked out of tournament. Just stop and think about that! They got kicked out of a tournament! Was it worth it?? Sports are about competition, fair play and also many important life lessons. Is this being taught? Many of these kids at these two schools arrived via recruitment., and wonder what they think now. Guarantee they would try to justify it!

Throwing a game is not a lapse of judgement but a calculated way to win at all cost. Something like that just doesn't come out of nowhere. Recruiting, throwing games, out of zone players, etc. it is what it is. I'm not bashing parents but just wondering if they really have thought about what's really important. After all, it's just a game!

I have no dog in this hunt and have no ill will toward any school. However, I do know there are a lot of programs doing things the right way and many the wrong way. Tssaa cant police all the illegal activity but parents can by making wise choices.

Good luck with your child's Future life lessons!

This was one of the best posts have I have seen about these specialized camps. Knew there was a lot of bad things happening with these camps but this does explain why kids are jumping ship all the time in Rutherford and Williamson . Basically a legal way to recruit.

Thanks for the insight.

Fact of the matter is a lot of people are commenting on something that they really don't know the entire truth about! Yes you may hear bits and pieces, but not all of the facts!  AAU/Exposure is not just here in Murfreesboro!  Go to a tournament and you'll see well over 400 teams playing, from across the USA, therefore it must be others that feel this is a benefit.

My daughter did play for the program that you guys are trying to dog out and we went to them, they did not come to us, but I'm smart enough to know where I felt she would get the best training(IMO), of course there are several alternatives, but this is the one we chose, so you can't hide behind a computer and be negative on decisions that others make!  IMO it was a great decision, my wife and I are not having to pay college tuition.  Yes, she has some ability, but the training and coaching she rec'd pushed her to the next level.

As for me, I'm thankful for the program and the coaches and in turn will give my time to help other families reach there goals.  Bottom line is you can't believe everything you hear.

Edited by mboro
  • Upvote 1

And all of this that you have said maybe true, but the "transfers" that you mentioned dont end up in the Boro by accident. You know it is funny that since he left Shelbyville and his kids graduated out from that program, its been a little rough go for them. I wonder why? As far as the kids driving in for practice, training, etc..., you need to make sure and tell your parents and kids that are also on that team not to talk about how they have never seen those kids before until they show up and start. I am not saying that you are lying, but it just seems fishy when that is what you hear from folks that live up in the Boro area and are at the practices, training, etc... All I am saying is get all of your ducks in a row where they all say the same song and dance so then no one will think that it just seems a little funny that those kids are playing in the Boro and with one of the teams that he has his hands on. It would be funny if the TSSAA investigated and where it might lead them as why those kids happen to show up at a school in that area, and I am not meaning Eagleville either. The sad thing is that there is enough talent in that area that they could be just as good if they didnt have the AAU pipeline funneling them in left and right. 

It's not illegal, when playing summer ball the rule is in place to where a player can play on a team from a boardering state, so that's just not this program.  It's in place for everyone,  some of the top players from Murfreesboro play on a top team in Kentucky, so it's not just this program! I understand and it's apparent that you guys don't care much for the program and the people in question, which is fine, but don't say they're doing something illegal when they're not.

Well unfortunately there are not a lot of people wanting to move to Eagleville, over the last 15 years Murfreesboro is simply the place to be.  It's well noted that Murfreesboro was one of the fastest growing cities in the US(per capita).

Not sure if you're talking about a particular school that has ppl "funneling in", but in 7AAA the top 4 teams ALL had girls that played within the program at one point or another.  Last thing, because I can't change your thinking, but the TSSAA cannot prevent people from moving, so investigate what?  Yes, it has to be a legal move, but if a family decides to move to what they feel is a better situation, then there's nothing that should be said for that families decisions..

Doubt it. But it did sound that they admitted that Oakland was this year. It doesnt look at though Siegel's girls are either. But who knows. I dont want to point fingers at anyone, but when people talk about these "transfers" and all this other stuff, it is funny where it originates from and who is a driving force behind that. It always seems to go back to the same person(s). 

Not sure what is meant by "they admitted", I simply stated that Oakland had 3 transfers in this yr.  Nothing more and nothing less!  My point is you can't say only 1 program had transfers which is what I think is trying to be said.  If that's not what you are meaning, then I apologize.  Stewarts Creek had 5 transfers, so it is what it is.