Farragut 2015

Governm

Farragut has had some good teams in the past and I can remember a few games with Maryville that were very close within the past ten years but Hardin Valley School opening up had to have taken a big hit on their program from what I can see as an outsider looking in. As I mentioned in an earlier post that the coach played the starters to the end of the game would keep me as a player from wanting to go out there for the team so I could understand why the freshmen are down in numbers. I remember one game when we started playing the JV team and Farragut could score against them which led to a high scoring game that night. All that was accomplished that evening was a high scoring game that wasn't even close.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moles like I said I too have watched FHS football since the 70s. Not sure it has ever been a powerhouse in football but does traditionally have kids that go on and play at college. If you are around as much as you say - you no better than no talent and we must know each other . Their issue in football goes way past the kids- you should know - maybe alumni like you can help bring change. Btw I moved my kids to Farragut for the education NOT football. Thanks on well wishes-- COME TO PRACTICE please

LOL I do come to practice every once in awhile and watch see what we got and know who you are if your #55 dad lol. There are a few guy's show something but Maryville talent is not all that great either they just play hard keep there mouth shout and punch you in the mouth Farragut well I'll leave it at that.

Moles like I said I too have watched FHS football since the 70s. Not sure it has ever been a powerhouse in football but does traditionally have kids that go on and play at college. If you are around as much as you say - you no better than no talent and we must know each other . Their issue in football goes way past the kids- you should know - maybe alumni like you can help bring change. Btw I moved my kids to Farragut for the education NOT football. Thanks on well wishes-- COME TO PRACTICE please

I can still remember Farragut's old school at the corner where the red light is on Kingston Pike and the football field was back behind the school building in the back corner of that lot.. To my mind Farragut never did that well in football until Ken Sparks came on board and that was the time Bill Bates was there also.

I can still remember Farragut's old school at the corner where the red light is on Kingston Pike and the football field was back behind the school building in the back corner of that lot.. To my mind Farragut never did that well in football until Ken Sparks came on board and that was the time Bill Bates was there also.

Lol yea I remember those days alot has changed in Farragut area. Under coach Bland they had some good football team's and coach Fisher they had some good teams. When Countney took over they had some pretty bad years but there was some reason don't want to go there. He had some pretty good teams in 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 and when they got in the playoff's they just feel apart like they where ready for the reason to be over good team's just bad coaching. People have tried to help out but we want go there on this site alot of baseball player's should be playing football but they don't and there is a reason but we will leave it at that. Farragut has a big turn around in coaches each year had a really good coaching staff from 2005 thru 2009 and three of those coaches left and went to Aloca which I don't blame them. Hopefully 5A will help them out.

Farragut has very good youth teams but for some reason they disperse when they get in high school. I think they will be a major threat in 5A. One big problem with 5A is Oak Ridge has reloaded with return of Gaddis.  There youth programs are getting good and very athletic.  Their middle schools are much better and have a lot more kids out.  They are getting kids looks with major colleges which may cause neighboring county kids to move and transfer in.  A lot like the 60's-90's, if they get the new facility watch out.  Farragut now has to compete with HVA for players along with privates. 

Jerry Garcia,

Did you ever find out a date for that scrimmage between WB and Farragut?

Last I heard, on Monday, there was still no date set. Partially due to some uncertainty at the head coaching level. Hopefully we will hear something soon on a date. I do know that if it happens, it will be the week of May 11-15. Farragut is scrimmaging Knox Central on Friday the 8th, so it will be the week after. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Farragut is heading to Fountain City tonight to take on the mighty(once-mighty) Bobcats of Knox-Central. I find it odd that Farragut is going on to scrimmage with only two days of practice, but I guess spring ball is different all together. Even though Central is not the Central of old, today will be a good test for the Admirals on where they stand, especially from a toughness standpoint. If history holds true, Central will have some pretty good athletes and some tough, hard nosed linemen and line backers. I do know that Farragut will be without their QB because of baseball, so that will probably really temper the offense. The start time is listed as 5:30pm. 

From the looks of last night, Farragut seems to be doing pretty good. Only having two practice before scrimmage last night and not having the starting QB, Farragut handled Central, I think the finally all was 5-2 touchdowns. They did 10 play series instead of down and distance, which I though was interesting. I am guessing Central was missing several key players because they struggled at times.