What should the TSSAA do?

judgesmales

Only top 3 teams from each district goes to region. State rotates from west, middle, east tn sites. Public schools compete in division 1: Private, magnet, & open enrollment competes in division 2.

Only top 3 teams from each district goes to region. State rotates from west, middle, east tn sites. Public schools compete in division 1: Private, magnet, & open enrollment competes in division 2.

I like all these ideas except rotation but that is only because I like being able to go every year. Think you need to suggest these ideas to TSSAA.

I say split private/public schools. Have 4 classifications in all sports (instead of 5 for FB and 3 for all other sports) for public, 2 classifications in private.

Then for basketball, I say to get rid of district tournaments all together. Have one big region tournament with all schools from the two districts, with top two advancing to the sectional and sectional winners go to state tournament. For example: say 1 district has 6 teams and 1 has 7 teams. The district with 7 would have a play-in game between #6. The one and two seeds would have byes. #3 from one dist plays #6 from the other dist, the #4's play the #5's. The winners then move on to play the 1's and 2's. Play everything up to semifinals at the higher seed like you do first round of the region now.

Not sure if that example makes sense or not? But 1 big region tourney is my suggestion. And I like the idea of rotating the state, even though I like to go every year too.

I say split private/public schools. Have 4 classifications in all sports (instead of 5 for FB and 3 for all other sports) for public, 2 classifications in private.

Then for basketball, I say to get rid of district tournaments all together. Have one big region tournament with all schools from the two districts, with top two advancing to the sectional and sectional winners go to state tournament. For example: say 1 district has 6 teams and 1 has 7 teams. The district with 7 would have a play-in game between #6. The one and two seeds would have byes. #3 from one dist plays #6 from the other dist, the #4's play the #5's. The winners then move on to play the 1's and 2's. Play everything up to semifinals at the higher seed like you do first round of the region now.

Not sure if that example makes sense or not? But 1 big region tourney is my suggestion. And I like the idea of rotating the state, even though I like to go every year too.

This would stop all the things like the Riverdale/Smyrna from happening. Like your idea. How much would it hurt revenues for TSSAA is the question?

I'm afraid the West Tennessee schools won't like that...

And I couldn't blame them. If it rotates, it should be somewhere west of Murfreesboro (Jackson area maybe) and somewhere east of Murfreesboro (Knoxville area maybe) and then Murfreesboro or Nashville.