Region 5 4A

LEON

Springfield will return several starters from last years team that finished 8-4 and advancing to the second round of the 5A playoffs. They lose Mr. Everything Timmie Barbee and some other key seniors , but return two very good backs and a stellar defensive end , athletically they will match up better with Pearl-Cohn and Maplewood than any of the other teams. I believe Macon Co. Will return a very good QB who will be just a sophomore and Portland should be better in the second year of their new coach and dropping down from a very tough district.

Cool...So offensively what does everybody run? Out the I? Edited by FBfan26

UC what about MW makes you think they are better than PC. PC returns a solid core of great players. I think MW is a playoff team but hard to put them on top when they have been very average for several years. Maybe this is the year.

the been average last couple years but young. Now they are more senior heavy. Those young guys gave Alcoa a heck of a game last season, I can see their potential a year later.

Its kinda weird being in dis 5aa when we been 10aa for so many years. To be truful I don't think that this new districts are going to last long. A lot of the Metro teams have lost their money games. They only games that will certainly bring money is when Pc plays Maple wood and MAYBE when PC plays Hillsboro at Vandy week one

With the new classifications for 2015 , what are the predictions or thoughts on the upcoming season. Portland and Springfield drop down from 5A and join some old foes. The rest of the region consists of Macon County , Maplewood , Pearl-Cohn and White House.

1)White House

2)Pearl Cohn

3)Maplewood

4)Springfield

5)Macon County

6)Portland

7)Whites Creek