Region 5 4A

LEON

Springfield will not be an easy out for anyone in this region. I think Pearl Cohn is the team to beat until someone proves otherwise, but 2nd place is up for grabs between Spfd, MW, and WH. Anyone picking WH over Spfd obviously didn't see the Spfd-WH game this past season. I am aware WH had a couple of injured players, but Spfd had one of their two senior QBs break his collarbone in the first quarter. Spfd could have put up 50 points that night if not for calling off the dogs halfway through the third quarter and playing JV the entire fourth quarter. FWIW, Spfd will have at least as much speed if not more than any team except for PC. I feel the Jackets will finish no worse than third if they are able to find a QB, having lost two senior QBs from this past season. Springfield fans travel well too, so PC and MW should have decent gates for these games if they host Spfd. I cannot remember if these games are home or away for Spfd this upcoming season.

here I am with my 2015 predictions:

1.  Pearl Cohn

2. Maplewood

3. Springfield

4. White House

5. Portland

6. Whites Creek

7. Macon Co.

Boy, how much does that opening game with Portland mean to the Blue Devils now?  Winner goes to 4th place to me but I'll start White House off there.  The Devils have trouble with the top 3 teams in my list.  Springfield should have enough left over from last year to pull off an upset or two.  Pearl Cohn finishes with 1 dist loss, Maplewood and Springfield will have 2, White House 3, Portland 4, and the rest really doesn't matter.  I don't know if this move down in classification for Portland will be the relief that they asked for, but it won't be as bad as MJ, Hend., Beech, SC, etc.  Maybe a couple of more W's for them.

• 2 weeks later...

How did Springfield do in their scrimmages?

Looked decent against White House Heritage last Friday. Baseball players had just came over after their season. Still finding their way along with others. Spring is always hard to tell a lot. The Jackets travel to Sycamore Friday May 15 to wind up spring practice.

Looked decent against White House Heritage last Friday. Baseball players had just came over after their season. Still finding their way along with others. Spring is always hard to tell a lot. The Jackets travel to Sycamore Friday May 15 to wind up spring practice.

How much did they lose due to the legal mess they had going on up there last year? Looking forward to try and right the ship sorta speak against the Jackets this year.