Region 5 4A

LEON

The Maplewood at Springfield game has supposedly been moved to Vanderbilt on September 4.

I wonder why...Its not a big Metro rivalry game Plus its depending on who plays that week if it will not be a good show of fans.Metro fans and especially kids are tricky. Pc and Hillsboro moved there game to a Saturday @ vandy. If it was like last year this could be the biggest crowd vanderbilt has seen in years literally lol.

I agree the Region should be VERY balanced and this will lend itself to some exciting games. One of the things I like most is the fans in this region will travel. The Clarksville schools fan base would not travel well. The good competitive games with large fan bases should make for a GREAT atmosphere for High School football

I really only see White House and Portland travelling well.  Macon Co. will to those schools.  Maplewood cant seem to muster more than 100 (including the band) for home playoff games,  The BDP Big Blue mist travels far and wide.

This is not fact yet. Quite a few players put it out there on social media is where this came from. Hope it turns out to be true.

I really only see White House and Portland travelling well.  Macon Co. will to those schools.  Maplewood cant seem to muster more than 100 (including the band) for home playoff games,  The BDP Big Blue mist travels far and wide.

Evidently by your comment, you didn't make last year's BDP vs The Jackets game or you would have seen a packed house on the visitors side at BDP Field.  Stands on the visiting side were PACKED with Yellow Jacket fans to capacity and the fans were also lined three and four deep along the fence around the field.  At halftime we went over and sat on the home side, there were PLENTY of good available seats there. True story.  Clearly, your definition of fans that travel well and what I experienced at White House differ greatly. Springfield filled YOUR house with Jacket fans. 

Evidently by your comment, you didn't make last year's BDP vs The Jackets game or you would have seen a packed house on the visitors side at BDP Field. Stands on the visiting side were PACKED with Yellow Jacket fans to capacity and the fans were also lined three and four deep along the fence around the field. At halftime we went over and sat on the home side, there were PLENTY of good available seats there. True story. Clearly, your definition of fans that travel well and what I experienced at White House differ greatly. Springfield filled YOUR house with Jacket fans.

Yeah right!! That game was packed on both sides. Maybe there were some open seats after yall ran away with it towards the end, but at the beginning that stadium was stuffed on both sides.

Yeah right!! That game was packed on both sides. Maybe there were some open seats after yall ran away with it towards the end, but at the beginning that stadium was stuffed on both sides.

LOL I am guilty as charged of trolling.  I was only teasing.  Yes, the stands were JAMMED packed with loyal fans on both sides at the beginning of the game.  It was a wonderful atmosphere for High School football.  We did go over to the home side after halftime and sit.  But granted the game had gotten out of hand and only Jacket fans would want to stay to see more.  In seriousness I look forward to the new opponents and fans interest.  I am tired of going to Kenwood, West Creek, and Northwest and it being sparsely attended.  

Haha Commish.  I did fail to mention Springfield with much regard, If the Jackets would just get back to deep playoff runs, i.e. semifinals, or maybe win a championship they would indeed fill the stands once again. Springfield is in a good position to do so this year possibly. Too much tradition and generations of alumni at Springfield to not be the best supported team in the Region. I saw them once at your place and it was rocking. Like I said, the county schools seem to have a much better fan base than the city schools.  Greenbrier, White House, Mo town, East Robt. all bring a good crowd.  If you want to see a packed house, you better get to White House football stadium about 2 hours early to see the White House vs. White House Heritage game.  I imagine the Devils are steaming over their loss to the Patriots last year at Vanderbilt.  Oh, but that is for another thread..........