Region 5 4A

LEON

I can't see WH beating Springfield. They're fast and physical. They'll have a shot at Pearl

Agreed!, if Springfield can find consistency at QB w/ at least a decent intermediate passing attack, they will contend. Most of the team will be back (almost the entire defense), so their strengths will be the running game w/ the whole backfield returning (except QB), and defensively they will be stout. I am not going to say they win the region but it will be out of them, PC, and Maplewood. Those will be the top 3, not sure what order.....

I'm glad Springfield vs. Clarksville will continue this year. I think both schools are on the right track.

It is always an exciting game and one our alumni look forward to the most.

I think Clarksville will be the better team but that really doesn't matter, it usually comes down to who wants it the most between these two schools.

I'm glad Springfield vs. Clarksville will continue this year. I think both schools are on the right track.

It is always an exciting game and one our alumni look forward to the most.

I think Clarksville will be the better team but that really doesn't matter, it usually comes down to who wants it the most between these two schools.

At one time this was one of the oldest continuous rivalry in the state. In 1993 the teams did not play , lots of storied games from the past in the series that dates back to 1919. In the earlier years it was played annually on Thanksgiving Day , back when the season started much later. The 1967 game ended in a tie when the unbeaten top ranked Wildcats came to Springfield , over 8,000 people attended the 13-13 deadlock. Legendary Jacket coach Boyce Smith said it was the largest gate in his 43 years at SHS. The Jackets went on to win the Tobacco Bowl and finish 9-1-1. Clarksville finished 9-1-1 losing to Cookeville in the Civitan Bowl led by Watson and Mack Brown.

The difference between last year's BDP Team and the Jackets was immense. BDP will have to make vast improvement over last year for this game to be close and i'am not trolling

I agree. Springfield is a big strong fast team. Their speed on the outside and ability to stop the run will give WH a lot of trouble.

The difference between last year's BDP Team and the Jackets was immense. BDP will have to make vast improvement over last year for this game to be close and i'am not trolling

With injuries yes, springfield was obviously much better as you can see from the score. I think without all the injuries though the game would've been much closer.