Region 5 4A

LEON

How much did they lose due to the legal mess they had going on up there last year? Looking forward to try and right the ship sorta speak against the Jackets this year.

The middle school and high school rezoning was pushed back a year; only the elementary schools were done this year since a new one is opening in the fall.

That being said, we lost Barbee and will have to fill that void. Hard to replace a talent like that with one person, but hopefully someone younger guys step up. Glad we kept the Wave on the schedule. That game is always a good gate for both teams wherever it is played.

Looked decent against White House Heritage last Friday. Baseball players had just came over after their season. Still finding their way along with others. Spring is always hard to tell a lot. The Jackets travel to Sycamore Friday May 15 to wind up spring practice.

I'm going to have to make that trip. I really want to see sf before the season

Now thatmost have finished spring practice , what's the outlook for the rest of the teams in the region. It appears Pearl-Cohn will be very talented , Springfield has key positions to replace but has a solid backfield returning. Hope to hear how the rest of region came out of spring practice. The season will be here before you know it.

Edited by LEON

Now thatmost have finished spring practice , what's the outlook for the rest of the teams in the region. It appears Pearl-Cohn will be very talented , Springfield has key positions to replace but has a solid backfield returning. Hope to hear how the rest of region came out of spring practice. The season will be here before you know it.

Pearl Cohn seems to be ok. They won 70-28 in there only scrimmage so far but I'm looking past that. The schedule is kinda what I'm worried about. Due to the New district and people not wanting to play them. They got MBA again,CPA,Muscle sholes"Bama" and come out the gate against Hillsboro..."WhipsForehead" Edited by FBfan26

Pearl Cohn seems to be ok. They won 70-28 in there only scrimmage so far but I'm looking past that. The schedule is kinda what I'm worried about. Due to the New district and people not wanting to play them. They got MBA again,CPA,Muscle sholes"Bama" and come out the gate against Hillsboro..."WhipsForehead"

Pearl Cohn seems to be ok. They won 70-28 in there only scrimmage so far but I'm looking past that. The schedule is kinda what I'm worried about. Due to the New district and people not wanting to play them. They got MBA again,CPA,Muscle sholes"Bama" and come out the gate against Hillsboro..."WhipsForehead"

That is a very tough out of region schedule , but playing tough competition often makes you better. Putting up 70 is impressive. In the words of the late great coach "Big John Merritt " , H... If you score that many points , I don't care if its against Bailey Jr. High , it's still impressive. Springfield's out of region foes are Greenbrier, Gallatin , Beech, Clarksville and Kenwood Edited by LEON

Nobody better overlook Macon the next 3 years at least. We just beat trousdale pretty handily and the boys are hungry.

I have heard they have a young talented QB. Do they run a pass first oriented offense and how are they defensively . Just curious how has Hartsville adjusted to their new coach and are they down talent wise. This region may be more balanced than expected. Macon Co. Is fun atmosphere to watch a game with closeness of the stands and the field.