Lebanon

midsouthvol

I don't have a problem with Cory getting a second chance, we all make mistakes. Do not understand how Rutherford Co could suspend for 1 year and a neighboring county just ignores the punishment. Important that we teach our kids how to accept responsibility for our actions, or just run to the next county......

Your 6th post as a member on the board....interesting

Edited by WarriorFan

Glad to see there is a school in the area that takes the emotion out of hiring and isn't afraid of public opinion and wants to win some basketball games. Cory will do great at Lebanon HS.  Good luck Coach Barrett!  :D

"I spent hundreds of hours on the phone talking to people all across the state about Cory because I wanted to make sure this was right," said LHS athletic director Darian Brown.

"After those conversations, it became very clear to me that he's the right person for Lebanon High. Not a single person I talked to had anything negative to say about him."

http://www.wilsonpost.com/breaking----barrett-hired-for-lhs-girls--cms-85693

Glad to see there is a school in the area that takes the emotion out of hiring and isn't afraid of public opinion and wants to win some basketball games. Cory will do great at Lebanon HS.  Good luck Coach Barrett!  :D

"I spent hundreds of hours on the phone talking to people all across the state about Cory because I wanted to make sure this was right," said LHS athletic director Darian Brown.

"After those conversations, it became very clear to me that he's the right person for Lebanon High. Not a single person I talked to had anything negative to say about him."

http://www.wilsonpost.com/breaking----barrett-hired-for-lhs-girls--cms-85693

So, I quess Lebanon AD didn't talk to anyone in Rutherford Co. Since he was fired I assume there must have been something bad to say not to mention it was on the news.

By the way "warrior fan" I've only posted a few times on here, so is it ok to share my opinions. You seem to be pretty biased toward users who don't have a million post. Give me some time and I'll try to catch up.

So, I quess Lebanon AD didn't talk to anyone in Rutherford Co. Since he was fired I assume there must have been something bad to say not to mention it was on the news.

By the way "warrior fan" I've only posted a few times on here, so is it ok to share my opinions. You seem to be pretty biased toward users who don't have a million post. Give me some time and I'll try to catch up.

OleDad...Barrett resigned. Nothing in Barretts file says he was fired. Of course it was on the news. He was a coach at a high profile program. If it was at a school that no one knew about, the story wouldnt have been newsworthy. Why be so angry and judging on a man that got a new job? He paid the price. He will now go build at another school. Let the past go. With RUCO coaches stacking up in Wilson Co, girls basketball may return big time there. Edited by WarriorFan

OleDad...Barrett resigned. Nothing in Barretts file says he was fired. Of course it was on the news. He was a coach at a high profile program. If it was at a school that no one knew about, the story wouldnt have been newsworthy. Why be so angry and judging on a man that got a new job? He paid the price. He will now go build at another school. Let the past go. With RUCO coaches stacking up in Wilson Co, girls basketball may return big time there.

It is hard for me to believe that a school would hire him so quickly. We all know that throwing a game has happened many other times, but the way this was done is the issue. Coaches sign up to be coaches through thick or thin, in good times and bad, to not back away from any opponent. This coach defeated the purpose of competition and was a slap in the face of all true coaches and players who work and dedicate themselves to success no matter who may stand in their way. It is about ethics in general and character in specific. I am not trying to cast stones at Coach Barrett at all, there are many coaches who have issues, but most never blatantly throw a game.

Edited by Williecloseout

Your 6th post as a member on the board....interesting

Are you really suggesting that posting thousands of comments under the cover of a fake identity is a source of pride?  Now that is funny and sad...all at the same time. 

Also, he did not "pay the price".  The price also included a 1 year suspension from coaching by his employer, the Rutherford Co school system.  He avoided "paying the price" by resigning and finding a school system that was willing to look the other way.  Not sure how Coach Barrett can discipline any players at Lebanon, with the example he has provided.

OleDad...Barrett resigned. Nothing in Barretts file says he was fired. Of course it was on the news. He was a coach at a high profile program. If it was at a school that no one knew about, the story wouldnt have been newsworthy. Why be so angry and judging on a man that got a new job? He paid the price. He will now go build at another school. Let the past go. With RUCO coaches stacking up in Wilson Co, girls basketball may return big time there.

Smyrna coach did it too and it's not a "high profile program". How can you be considered "high profile" when you intentionally avoided another team?

Most people in TN don't care about HS girls basketball or even know anything about Riverdale. It was news worthy because the depth he went to losing was disgusting.

Lastly, the Robinson on the school board. Is that the newspaper guy from Mt Juliet?

Smyrna coach did it too and it's not a "high profile program". How can you be considered "high profile" when you intentionally avoided another team?

Most people in TN don't care about HS girls basketball or even know anything about Riverdale. It was news worthy because the depth he went to losing was disgusting.

Lastly, the Robinson on the school board. Is that the newspaper guy from Mt Juliet?

No, the Bill Robinson on the school board was a long time coach at Watertown. Mostly football but he did other sports at different times. I seem to remember him doing girls basketball and baseball. He replaced his father, Brownie Robinson, as the coach at Watertown and now his other son in law, Gavin Webster, is the football coach there.

You guys kill me. The team (Oakland) Riverdale wanted to play finished the State Runner Up and at one point in the season was the USAToday #2 team in the country. Riverdale had split games with them in regular season. There was no "easy team" Riverdale was trying to play. Both were tough. Smyrna had beaten Oakland in regular season too. And yes....if you know anything about girls basketball and Riverdales reputation nationally, they are considered a "high profile" team by those who keep up with the sport, and the only team Nike sponsors in the State of TN. District 7-AAA is by far the best district for girls basketball in the state, if not the nation.

You guys kill me. The team (Oakland) Riverdale wanted to play finished the State Runner Up and at one point in the season was the USAToday #2 team in the country. Riverdale had split games with them in regular season. There was no "easy team" Riverdale was trying to play. Both were tough. Smyrna had beaten Oakland in regular season too. And yes....if you know anything about girls basketball and Riverdales reputation nationally, they are considered a "high profile" team by those who keep up with the sport, and the only team Nike sponsors in the State of TN. District 7-AAA is by far the best district for girls basketball in the state, if not the nation.

Thank you for proving my point. It was "national news" because it was such pathetic attempt at teaching kids the game of basketball. Doesn't mean the coach is evil by any means but it was a terrible display nonetheless.

By the way if your school is so great why intentionally lose? You seem to be the only person who fails to see how funny and absurd your excuses are. Just own it fella. It was a mockery of the game. Lebanon hiring him is now their issue.

Not really a big deal, but Dyer County is sponsored by Nike as well.

Not really a big deal, but Dyer County is sponsored by Nike as well.

The only GIRLS team in TN that is sponsored by Nike for years is Riverdale and it was earned....huge difference. If they have nike on their uniforms they paid for it  Riverdale doesnt.  Only team in Tn that doesnt.

Edited by WarriorFan

Thank you for proving my point. It was "national news" because it was such pathetic attempt at teaching kids the game of basketball. Doesn't mean the coach is evil by any means but it was a terrible display nonetheless.

By the way if your school is so great why intentionally lose? You seem to be the only person who fails to see how funny and absurd your excuses are. Just own it fella. It was a mockery of the game. Lebanon hiring him is now their issue.

Intentionally lose? 95% of people on this board that talk about what happened are so ignorant to the real story.  They believe the spin on the news stories.  Where was the news when Lawrence Co and Columbia played to like a 13-12 game bc they didnt want to play Shelbyville in the day and wanted on the other side of the bracket????? Go look it up.....it happened.  Yep....not the first time recently....just not a national team.  It is bc news is carried different and all you milk and cookies with a juice box after the game folks are now watching....yall loved bc a huge name fell in Riverdale temporarliy.....although they could have played in the State Championship with 14-16 year olds if they got by Oakland, ....they are back next year and totally able to win a state championship (SUPRISE to what you may have thought    :)  ).......There are very respected active HS coaches in TN now that participated as coaches in that Lawrence Co v Columbia game....this ALSO wasnt the only game that has been thrown recently.....trust me..check around at the diners....  Riverdale vs Smyrna just featured a team called Riverdale that ruled the roost NATIONALLY that folks loved to hate that put big time players in the SEC, C-USA and ACC among other conferences.... the only reason why Riverdale was a target was bc of national prominence and people wanted to see them fall.  

Listen to how crazy this is in the pressures of winning in 7-AAA girls basketball....None of the papers told the TRUE story.....Coach Barrett at Riverdale felt that the "easier" team they wanted to strategically play was the team that finished the 2015 TN AAA State Runner Up in Oakland HS to the 2014 National Champion in Blackman (Which coincidentally Riverdale was the 2013 National Champion.....Riverdale, Blackman and Oakland are in the same district.......imagine winning the district...... :) )...a team at one time in the season in Oakland that was a USA Today #2 ranked team in the UNITED STATES and ranked higher than Blackman (yes....Oakland was ranked higher than Blackman at that time).....a team that featured numerous college prospects and signees...Ya'll dont know the real story or pressures of big time HS basketball in winning unless you research.  Here is an article showing Oakland the #2 team in the USA.  http://tinyurl.com/kg8z5wb .  The #3 and #4 teams in Riverdale and Smyrna in District 7-AAA had BOTH beaten Oakland in regular season along with Blackman.  Oakland had 4 losses in District 7-AAA alone in the regular season.  The legit #4 team in 7-AAA would win most state championships.  Folks are only given normally a smidget of the story.......this is the truth.  Those that judge do not know of the 7-AAA story which is the craziest sports story I have ever seen and even I graduated from Brentwood Academy so I have seen a lot.  As most of Riverdale was underclassmen this past year with 14-16 year olds....I really feel bad for the teams that play them over the next 3-4 years.  It is gonna get real ugly.  #mission #dynasty #WhoPlaysForStateRunnerUp 

Most you you guys wish for a District Championship in a pathetic District.  Riverdale's season isnt good without competing for State Championships and playing for National Championships.  That is why you guys hate them.  Most of you guys would be happy if your team came in 2nd in a district or were one of the top 4 teams in a district to go to a Regional Tourney and you would be hacked off bc your daughter didnt play enough.  

Lebanon will have a 15-20+ win season this year.  Mark my word. 

BTW.....Wilson Co is OPEN ZONE. Yall have fun.... :hungry:   :roflol:

Edited by WarriorFan