2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Yea, I agree... that's the most plausible upset of the three games. After seeing them a couple of times, Oneida isn't terrible...I'm a little surprised they have only won three games. Having said that, CF should win by 15+. They were on the verge of a rout both games and then Oneida hit 3 or 4 threes in a row in both games to make it closer late.

The game I was at was the 2nd one and I'm pretty sure there was no rout really at any point. Oneida led most of the game. Going into the 4th cf took the lead but it was never a rout 3 to 4 points max. Oneida kept it tied and then cf took the lead with seconds left and Oneida had a shot to tie and missed the 3. So no rout. Oneida has a good chance if they continue to keep playing like they have these last few weeks.

JELLICO defeats OS at OS? Who saw that coming?

Heard Coalfield-Oneida was a barn burner. Hats off to the Indians. Best 3-win team you'll see out there.

I hate to be the one that asks and PLEASE don't let an argument go on in here, but what happened at the Coalfield-Oneida game that got everybody so fired up? 

Heard Coalfield-Oneida was a barn burner. Hats off to the Indians. Best 3-win team you'll see out there.

I hate to be the one that asks and PLEASE don't let an argument go on in here, but what happened at the Coalfield-Oneida game that got everybody so fired up? 

Competition lol

Yea, Oneida did a nice job getting back into that game after being down big. Had the lead late and good chance to win.

As far as anyone getting fired up... nothing major happened. Biggest issue... and you could see it coming when you saw who the three officials were, was absolutely terrible officiating throughout the game. Both sides could see it the whole night and that just had people irritated after the game. After the game, some Oneida people got an earful because they had plopped down in the CF section all night. Why people do that, I have no idea....sit with your fans just to avoid problems. Behind the benches, there was an Oneida fan or two... one in particular that was quite rowdy after the game... but after chatting with officers he decided he'd leave.."somewhat" quietly. I think after the steal that sealed the game one of the CF coaches threw his towels(s) up in the air and it inadvertently went behind him and landed in Oneida section... that may have contributed to the guy being mouthy...just my guess. He was loud before that...so, towels probably didn't help, but that was an accident...obviously.

Still though, I think terrible officiating just had everyone mad. The assigner(s) should never put three bad ones together... and that's what happened... those three guys, especially two of them just aren't very good... night in and night out... all three together was just too much for the crowd.

Edited by CAH09

Wow...both OS teams lose and fail to advance to the region.  Anybody know the last team OS was shut out of the region on both the boys and girls sides?

Should be Oakdale and Wartburg in the championship.  Neither team wants to lose in the semis, as that would most likely be a bad first round region matchup.  Would want o save playing Grace or Meigs until the region semis or finals.

Wow...both OS teams lose and fail to advance to the region. Anybody know the last team OS was shut out of the region on both the boys and girls sides?

Should be Oakdale and Wartburg in the championship. Neither team wants to lose in the semis, as that would most likely be a bad first round region matchup. Would want o save playing Grace or Meigs until the region semis or finals.

Coalfied has a very good chance to beat Wartburg. They matchup well with them and split the series in the regular season. Oakdale should have no problem getting past jellico.

Wow...both OS teams lose and fail to advance to the region.  Anybody know the last team OS was shut out of the region on both the boys and girls sides?

Should be Oakdale and Wartburg in the championship.  Neither team wants to lose in the semis, as that would most likely be a bad first round region matchup.  Would want o save playing Grace or Meigs until the region semis or finals.

Probably correct. CF beat WB by about 30 last time...but playing at home is a huge advantage for WB. They squeaked by in the first game out at home...good chance to do it again. Not sure why the Morgan County teams keep giving them home court advantage every year. Wb is decent enough this year it may just hand them the district....Anywhere else, CF and OD beat them by 15. Send it to Oneida or Jellico some....I think they're big enough, aren't they?

OS just isn't very good in much of anything right now...