2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Hmm....how did I get 20-6 lol.   Well fans are fickle. You win they support you. You lose they stay home. I agree I am disappointed. About the only fans we get these days are Parents, Siblings, Aunts Uncles and Grandparents. Meigs looked the whole town came out tonight. Great atmosphere love playing you guys. 

Side note......Girls game wow! #3 is a boss she can play bro! 

You guys usually have a good crowd at home and it being a big game in the district for both the boys and girls will mean more people will come out. Meigs crowd was actually down a little. Last year it was elbow to elbow and standing room only, but it was also played much later in the year.

Story of our year man. We lost the First quarter and dug a hole. IT was 20-6 at the end of 1. I think Arnold had 2. Then We started playing some ball. Give it to Sammy. He is a good coach. He started stalling the offense down around 5 mins left in the game and we just ran out of time. We would get the score down to 5 points and then it shoot back up to 12. I think Meadows ended up with like 22 for Meigs, Arnold had 31 or 33 for GCA and Ledford had like 15.

If GCA could actually win a 1st Q this year, who knows what we could do. Frustrating but you know losing to Meigs by 13 on their floor is not a bad loss. You have to play us on Senior Night at GCA. Nuff Said.......

You got a good team and a great coach. We can't lose another one if we won't to win the district.

Next up for the Rams Greenback on Friday, and CAK on Saturday.

grace never got it to 5. The closest they got it to was 9 and Meigs had the lead to 17 and 19 a couple times..... I personally don't like when Sammy tries to slow it down because that's not what those boys know and it always gets teams back in the game. They got the lead by playing ball they way they know how and that's what he should let them do. Just my opinion. And once again our press offense tries to rear its ugly head. He's got to get a press offense

grace never got it to 5. The closest they got it to was 9 and Meigs had the lead to 17 and 19 a couple times..... I personally don't like when Sammy tries to slow it down because that's not what those boys know and it always gets teams back in the game. They got the lead by playing ball they way they know how and that's what he should let them do. Just my opinion. And once again our press offense tries to rear its ugly head. He's got to get a press offense

Meigs played well and I might not always be the most accurate on game stuff as I go by memory and mines awful but I think last nights game was less about what meigs did right and way more about what gca continues to do wrong. We didnt get Meigs best game and still lost by 13. We are our own worst enemy.

Meigs played well and I might not always be the most accurate on game stuff as I go by memory and mines awful but I think last nights game was less about what meigs did right and way more about what gca continues to do wrong. We didnt get Meigs best game and still lost by 13. We are our own worst enemy.

i agree. Grace has some nice pieces. Just need to get them to gel with each other. It also looked like a couple of kids were shocked at the atmosphere

DING DING DING, you are dead on!!

The only press offense we have is give #1 the ball and let him do his thing , if he is out of game and teams press we go into panic mode!!

From what I have #1 isn't the only who can break the press. The problem is when more starters than #1 is out of the game there is a drop off. There is another player or two that can get the ball up the court and one of them gets the ball up just as quick as #1.

From what I have #1 isn't the only who can break the press. The problem is when more starters than #1 is out of the game there is a drop off. There is another player or two that can get the ball up the court and one of them gets the ball up just as quick as #1.

Sure they have other kids who can bring the ball up , and there is one in particular who is really fast, but bottom line when #1 is out teams have been more tempted to press and it is much more affective!

they have 1 kid that can break the press regularly without turning it over. Don't wanna hurt any feelings but facts are facts. Sammy needs develop a press offense because #1 is the only one that can dribble thru a press. And maybe #3. But the rest are turnovers or bad shots waiting to happen when they get rushed and in panic mode besides meadows which he doesn't bring it up

they have 1 kid that can break the press regularly without turning it over. Don't wanna hurt any feelings but facts are facts. Sammy needs develop a press offense because #1 is the only one that can dribble thru a press. And maybe #3. But the rest are turnovers or bad shots waiting to happen when they get rushed and in panic mode besides meadows which he doesn't bring it up

To break a press the best way, a team should not just dribble through it but should also utilize the pass. Granted some players may panic, however if you look at stats specifically turnovers the three mentioned have more turnovers than some who start. Granted as stated if #1 is out there is a drop off. If you look at stats which is as factual as you can get one starter has less than any of the others and gets ball up the court. Look at the stats and actually observe what the facts truly are.