2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

Good win by WB. Oakdale lost by 8 at Clinton on Monday. CF lost at home to Clinton by 15 last nite. Pretty good game till late, CF was in major foul trouble which led to Clinton getting the lead and shooting foul shots for the win. Clinton is just ok for a big school...not great.

Harriman got a good win over Tellico Plains Monday, with football players coming off the bench. Looked a little rusty at times but it should get a lot better. Rust is expected when you only get one practice together before you play an important district game

is the Johnson kid Harriman's best player? Or someone else?

You know he has been hurt alot and some bad luck. That is one player with a large upside but he is two years behind other quakity players in his class. Can he close the gap with his talent and grind to get better?

Pace is their best player IMO but dribbles way to much and needs to distribute better. But i love his fire and competitive side.

I would say Joe Pace would be the best. John is close. Joe's shot has improved a bit since last year and that was noticeable in game one. I think he will take better care of the ball this year, and become a contender for district POTY. High praise of course, but he should impress

I have made it a goal to see all District 4 teams in action before Thanksgiving. Here is list of games in order I have seen.

-Oliver Springs - Clarkrange

Wartburg - Kingston

Sunbright - Concord Christian

Jellico - Clinton (at Scott High)

Oneida - Clinton (at Scott High)

Oakdale - Clinton

Coalfield - Clinton

Yes I have seen Clinton 4 times it did give me a good comparison on how each team played them.

The teams I thought would be the in the top 3 (Oakdale, Coalfield & Wartburg) are easily the biggest surprises for different reasons.

Oakdale to this point has been the most disappointing. I expected them with their seniors and experience to come out clicking on all cylinders. Some would say they have played a tough schedule and I would agree, but it is not the toughest. They are playing to much individual ball. Oakdale did not adjust during game very well. I fell they will get it together I just expected them to start better.

Coalfield was not as fluid as I expected, at times when someone has ball you just know they are going to shoot it regardless of what is going on around them (Oakdale is like this also). I know that it has been said they just got their football players back, However I give this argument. Tellico beat Coalfield on a Tuesday after getting Football players back and Coalfield had same Coach and system as last year. Harriman beat Tellico on Monday after getting Football players back with new Coach and new system. I guess I was just expecting more from Coalfield with all their talent.

Wartburg is easily the biggest surprise to start. They are 3-0and I fell they have played the toughest schedule. They beat Northview who most feel will win District 2 and will most likely be AAA when new enrolment # come out in 2 years. They beat AA Kinston and Scott High on their home floor. I felt Scott was best team I had seen and they are expected to finish 2nd in their District, also Scott has beat Farragut. Wartburg plays TEAM ball not ME ball nd are easily the best coached team I seen. I do feel Wartburg would beat Clinton. Talked to a friend of mine and he said Wartburg was down to Scott by 20 most of game and came back to win in overtime. Wartburg is ranked #1 in single A on coacht in strength + success

I know it is early and a lot can and will change, but here is my EARLY District 4 standings after seeing all teams play.

1.  Wartburg

2.  Oakdale

3.  Coalfield

4.  Oliver Springs, Jellico or Sunbright (all looked about same)

7.  Oneida

Jellico has no bench and the way they are calling fouls this year that will hurt them.

How does Reynolds have any creditability with the players or community when he wanted out of Jellico so bad that he applied for every open job in East Tennessee and SE Kentucky. He openly pursed the position at Harriman. If I was a player or parent I would not of wanted him back if he wanted out so bad.