1. Wartburg

2. Oakdale

3. Coalfield

4. OS

5. Jellico

6. Sunbright

7. Oneida

Definitely up for debate though lol.

Top 3 is essentially a lock based solely on talent. 4-7 is a toss up but I think OS might be the best of the 4. Should be a fun season with Coalfield, Oakdale, and Wartburg battling it out for 1st.

I think at Oakdale it's Smith, Jackson Hicks and then Steinmetz .

CF...Mckinney, Lee and maybe Brown 3rd. Each team has a kid or two that really hamper both teams at times with bad shots outside of the offensive structure...essentially that's a turnover. Hicks and Lee are better defenders, hence 2nd IMO. I haven't seen Wburg together....saw them some individually in fall, but noone stood out except for Carroll... Same with OS...noone stood out except for Murray.

I remember Steinmetz being a stud, and the man, in middle school for Oakdale when they won the district championship, and made a run at the sectional championship. What hasn't translated to HS, or is it just that the others have gotten better since middle school?

he is a pretty good hs player, but as is often the case....especially with boys... The early growers can dominate as 8th graders because they have some skills and are just bigger and stronger... By the time everyone is ajunior or senior, the other boys have caught up and while a kid is still pretty good, he no longer has a size advantage. That happens with lots of kids... 5'9 as an 8th grader....5'10 as a junior or senior. As a big, early growing 8th grader a kid gets 10 Rebs without hardly trying... And cheap buckets...as a 5'10 senior... Those easy boards and buckets are out the window... And the shots are much harder to come by when the defender is 6'0 and just as quick. Edited by CAH09

I remember Steinmetz being a stud, and the man, in middle school for Oakdale when they won the district championship, and made a run at the sectional championship.  What hasn't translated to HS, or is it just that the others have gotten better since middle school?

he 's likely to be all-district... Thats pretty good in a seven team district... Even if it is single A.

Final GCA 92 Midway 42

Gettlefinger 16

Hammond 15

Ledford 15

Walker 15

Arnold 10

Wow, looking at some of the scoring breakdowns you have posted recently, it looks like all the other teams in 3A are gonna just have to pick thier poison night in and night out against you guys! Great balance and it's gonna be really tough for anyone to dethrone the reigning champs if they keep that up!