TSSAA to look at open zones, privates, new classifications possible

GWAVE1

For the record,

I don't even care about the whole open zone thing. I just posted that quote to mess with the people that go on about it. Having said that,schools like William Blount that are really overcrowded aren't going to do that.

In that case, WB has no one to blame but themselves. :)

And yes, I know you were just poking at people, bruh.

Correct. And if this passes, those schools will need to factor what division they want to play in (private/public) when they choose to open or close zones.

I believe Alcoa will still be public when it's all said and done, but there's still a lot to be done all the way around.

I don't think a July vote is enough time to process all the information presented today, IMO.

Yes,

You are correct. WB has nobody to blame but themselves as far as having successful sports teams. But as far as having schools that are big enough it has nothing to do with them. That's all politics. The people who have the power to build a new high school say they don't have enough money to build a high school. Yet they keep building elementary schools and middle schools. How does that make any sense????? Personally I would rather see them build on to WB. Surely they could do that. But they will prolly keep builing elementary schools and middle schools and telling us they don't have money for high schools. :huh:

Yes,

You are correct. WB has nobody to blame but themselves as far as having successful sports teams. But as far as having schools that are big enough it has nothing to do with them. That's all politics. The people who have the power to build a new high school say they don't have enough money to build a high school. Yet they keep building elementary schools and middle schools. How does that make any sense????? Personally I would rather see them build on to WB. Surely they could do that. But they will prolly keep builing elementary schools and middle schools and telling us they don't have money for high schools. :huh:

Point proven. When I said they have no one to blame but "them"selves, "them" didn't strictly refer to WBHS. It referred to Blount Co. Schools in this case. If they keep spending to build elementary schools but don't maintain/renovate/add on to their current schools, it's on them.

I hate it for the kids more than anything falling victim to politics.