TSSAA to look at open zones, privates, new classifications possible

GWAVE1

Go back to 5 classes. Take the top 24 in enrollment since there is a big gap for 5-A. Top 16 make the playoffs. That way it means something. Breakdown the other classes evenly. Allow privates that do not have financial aid to move up more than one class after the multiplier. Put a small multiplier on the open zoned none rural schools. Then be done with it. Play ball!!!!

Bison will win all 5 classes! Bison are greatest team in all of sportz!

"Childress said the TSSAA staff has looked at 16,000 postseason contests in all sports that the association sanctions. Schools with open enrollment won more than 60 percent of the time."

^^^^ Entristin.

I wonder if they included as open enrollment Heritage and William Blount since a student can go to either IF the student provides his/her own transportation.  That sound at least semi-open.  I wonder if Fulton was included because of all the AE kids.  I wonders if West was included because of their IB academic program lets anyone in Knox County go to West.  I wonder if they included Farragut where Russian is offered and anyone in Knox Co can go to Farragut if they want to take Russian.  I could go on and on.  There a lots more open zones that folks want to admit.  There are lots of schools who residing in glass houses.

Edited by OldRebel2