Cloudland

pujo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I agree some have gotten away with a lot but it kinda goes both ways you get out of it what you put into it. I'm also glad that there are volunteers to help the kids lift but there needs to be a coach or assistant coach there to make sure everyone is doing the program that the head coach wants to use,but I have a simple question did the coach ask for help or did these volunteers just show up.

You know I agree some have gotten away with a lot but it kinda goes both ways you get out of it what you put into it. I'm also glad that there are volunteers to help the kids lift but there needs to be a coach or assistant coach there to make sure everyone is doing the program that the head coach wants to use,but I have a simple question did the coach ask for help or did these volunteers just show up.

I think the Coach showed up with great intentions, had signs up ,no work. no play. He soon found out he was dealing with a bad situation  and the kids he needed to have a good team didn;t have the disapline or worrk ethic to get to the workouts. He had to change the rules and it went down hill from there. It got to the point where kids just come in at random and they could get in anytime they wanted to. I'm sure the weight room has had alot more that strength training going on. I'm pretty sure they have changed the locks and now its only going to be opened up by someone in charge.  

the kids ask for help because they couldn't get any help from the coach. Most of the time there was a coach up there but never a football coach from the high school so I think if anybody was going to say anything it should be thank you.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if it's impossible to get all the kids to show up together or if the coach can't be there or wont be there to oversee his facility, then THANK GOD FOR VOLUNTEERS!

If it's like ours, there have been times some unwanted guests were in the field house but mostly the ones there after 5:00 are those trying to help players improve themselves!

Yes, the HS field house is not a community center, but A LOT of these buildings and whats inside are there, and improved yearly because of certain ones in the community wanting better for their school's sports programs...If the new leader at CHS wants to see sports weakened worse than it already is, keeping the volunteers out and away should do it!!

Look I have no problem with volunteers I wish there were more to help with everything going on at the school,it's a sad situation all the way around.i believe you have to blame the kids as well as the coach if they don't want to work he can't make them(trust me after the first time I met the man I said he wasn't the man for the job so I'm not defending him by no means) like many of the others on here I don't have a child on the team or even in school there but I love the school and want to see it succeed.So I will just leave well enough alone what ever happens happens,I believe their going on a downward spiral in sports so let's hope they really focus on education the way it should be. good luck to them and Go Cyclones

Who knows? The stricter rules may teach discipline and carry over to the playing field. Most kids just won't get it at home. I agree we are facing some tough years ahead. We don't have a lot of talent coming up but we'll see how it pans out

This year should be alright,the next few could be a work in progress. Just gotta get the right coach and work like crazy/