Cloudland

pujo

A lot of the problem with cloudland is its the smallest school in carter co kinda gets what's left over from every body else. They could really use a ton of updates but that's not gonna happen not really a ton of support, the county is not going to pour any money in any of the county schools,these schools are just hanging on trying not to be closed. I agree the field and the stands are sad but it's all we got,and it's most likely all we will ever get. all I can say if it's not good enough for you all,forfeit and stay at home not every school is going to have perfect facilities.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the problem with cloudland is its the smallest school in carter co kinda gets what's left over from every body else. They could really use a ton of updates but that's not gonna happen not really a ton of support, the county is not going to pour any money in any of the county schools,these schools are just hanging on trying not to be closed. I agree the field and the stands are sad but it's all we got,and it's most likely all we will ever get. all I can say if it's not good enough for you all,forfeit and stay at home not every school is going to have perfect facilities.

never meant harm, just would like to see them updated because it sits perfectly against the mountain. With the success the school has in football every year I figured some money would come in to update, but guess not. The town needs to come up with something to raise for the community and its schools programs

P-M, the updates going on at any of these county schools are achieved by donations, fundraising and volunteer labor.

Our field isn't the greatest but plenty of work goes into it every spring...and as to my knowledge, the county hasn't supplied one grain of sand or seed.

Ours is the same way parents,players and former players do the field work.Our labor money and equipment.Lots of work but the field is always nice.

We have the national cornbread festival which our schools volunteer work for and the schools get a piece of the pie. Also, we have sponsors for uniforms and prege apparel. Also, alumni get together and paint etc. the shop class (students) builds anything needed around the facilities or things are donated as well. Does cloudland have sponsorship like Nike, Adidas, etc? We have been Adidas for several years but now we changed to Under Armor starting this new school year.

still a special place

Roan mountain is a world class beauty. I can vouch for the people who have put a lot of hard work into making the field as good as possible. You all should have seen the place in the early 90s. It was a wreck. Our ole field house was a sewer and half the parking lot was a mud bank. The field house and parking have really improved. We added seats and put the lights on top the bank and added concessions at the top of the stands. The only thing still bad is the field. It's just too hard to mantain. It is what it is. The atmosphere was just incredible when we were good.

Roan mountain is a world class beauty. I can vouch for the people who have put a lot of hard work into making the field as good as possible. You all should have seen the place in the early 90s. It was a wreck. Our ole field house was a sewer and half the parking lot was a mud bank. The field house and parking have really improved. We added seats and put the lights on top the bank and added concessions at the top of the stands. The only thing still bad is the field. It's just too hard to mantain. It is what it is. The atmosphere was just incredible when we were good.

I love the atmosphere it reminds me of our place.I wouldnt change nothing up there but the field.The drive is beautiful as is the setting!

• 3 weeks later...