Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

I just read the article and Comer lied. On McKenzie's website under board policy 6.204 "Admittance of Non-Resident Student" it details the steps a student living out of zone must take to go to school there including the tuition they must pay. They are open zoned and he said they weren't. He lied.

Yes, his article was low class. He needs some training in how to be diplomatic when speaking on an issue such as this. He definitely wins the WHINER award! I could say more about the article but I will leave it as is!

Edited by TCAIntense

I just read the article and Comer lied. On McKenzie's website under board policy 6.204 "Admittance of Non-Resident Student" it details the steps a student living out of zone must take to go to school there including the tuition they must pay. They are open zoned and he said they weren't. He lied.

+1

Please tell me what is bogus and false about his comments?

His view is similar to the vast majority of the state per the Murphy Fair poll completed a couple of years ago, including numerous private schools.

Coach Whiner made the comment that he finds it hard to believe our students that drive from out of town pay full tuition. Well, get your rear in the car and drive to Windy Ciry Road and ask to see financial records. They HAVE to pay full tuition! We are D1! There are no breaks! That is a foolish comment to make!

I've been here since 2000. I left for awhile and came back while I was living out of the area. What I wish for? Make privates play up one class in EVERY sport and leave them where they are. That's my best solution. Check around.... I don't post propaganda like many on here and don't proclaim that my team is the best thing ever either. You won't find a more level headed person on here than me when it comes to talking about the topics.

Although I love to rattle his cage, I have great respect for TheAmbassador. Sure he's probably a little full of himself, but aren't most men? Over the years, I have become to believe he is the wisest person on CoachT. No sarcasm in that sentence I mean it.

His proposal to have these 23 D1 privates play up one class would be a great compromise. These 23 D1 privates will grumble and of course the paranoid "those private school people think they are so much better than me" crowd also known as public school people will grumble as well.

However, those are the key ingredients of a compromise. 

This idea just might save the TSSAA and possibly save hundreds of thousands in litigation costs. 

Coach Whiner made the comment that he finds it hard to believe our students that drive from out of town pay full tuition. Well, get your rear in the car and drive to Windy Ciry Road and ask to see financial records. They HAVE to pay full tuition! We are D1! There are no breaks! That is a foolish comment to make!

Not saying that it happens at TCA or anywhere else but there are ways to get kids that don't pay, the money can be given from another source and the parents do the paying. There is really no way to keep up with the situation. Cheating goes on at both types of schools. 

Although I love to rattle his cage, I have great respect for TheAmbassador. Sure he's probably a little full of himself, but aren't most men? Over the years, I have become to believe he is the wisest person on CoachT. No sarcasm in that sentence I mean it.

His proposal to have these 23 D1 privates play up one class would be a great compromise. These 23 D1 privates will grumble and of course the paranoid "those private school people think they are so much better than me" crowd also known as public school people will grumble as well.

This idea just might save the TSSAA and possibly save hundreds of thousands in litigation costs. 

Most every single private school in D1 is already playing up in class as a result of the multiplier. We already have what he is suggesting.

Most every single private school in D1 is already playing up in class as a result of the multiplier. We already have what he is suggesting.

The multiplier the way they used it didn't effect several schools, we pretty much play the same privates we did before the multiplier. 

Just split rural and urban, no need to just split publics and privates. 

Comer shouldn't have mislead or lied to the reporter.

However this is not just a football issue. It seems these 23 privates are whining just as much as they accuse others of whining. The split is coming and is there nothing these privates can do about it.

It's going to be a long time before that happens with the way the TSSAA is dragging their feet and will probably keep doing so

Not sure why they are reluctant to go Division II. Except for maybe Lipscomb, chances are none will be playing Ensworth etc. Maybe it will affect their mission, if they cant regularly beat public schools in their area, parents may not be impressed enough to send their kids there.

Not sure why they are reluctant to go Division II. Except for maybe Lipscomb, chances are none will be playing Ensworth etc. Maybe it will affect their mission, if they cant regularly beat public schools in their area, parents may not be impressed enough to send their kids there.

Maybe Knox Catholic too. I do t know their official enrollment but I remember not too long ago they were in the district with Maryville.